Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2016, 11:06 PM

Re: The new Top Gear

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I feel exactly the same as you, Meg.
Yet you watch Emmerdale, a bigger pile of crap by a long chalk.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2016, 11:11 PM

Evans is the ultimate Talking Head, respect.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2016, 11:28 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Yet you watch Emmerdale, a bigger pile of crap by a long chalk.

Oi, now what are you on about?

What on earth has Emmerdale got to do with silly middle aged men acting like 15 year olds in their Dad's fast car!!!
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2016, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Oi, now what are you on about?

What on earth has Emmerdale got to do with silly middle aged men acting like 15 year olds in their Dad's fast car!!!
Yeah, I agree. Nom, what crap do YOU watch??
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2016, 07:48 PM

Don't expect any communication from me for the next hour or so, Barry and Co, I am going to watch the "Horseless Carriages"
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2016, 09:12 PM

Just watched as much of the first new Top Gear episode as I could bear. To be fair I got about 2/3rds of the way through but won't be watching any further episodes.

It is embarrassingly bad and utterly cringe worthy. Evans trying to "do Clarkson" and drum up artificial enthusiasm is just hopeless. Le Blanc is about as wooden as they come and will doubtless eventually realise that this will be a blot on his CV.

The "adjusted" Top Gear track is equally pitiful. It's like they gave the track to a bunch of Alan Sugar's apprentices and said, do something with it to change it. A few puddles and some mud and it's neither a rally track nor a race track any more.

It will be interesting to see which "celebs" stay loyal to Clarkson and which are "owned" by the BBC. Very sad to see Sabine as the latter, she really should know better. Ramsey was the usual k**b that he is so no surprise to see him there.

In the end it's just going to pan out as a show of Chris Evan's best buddies.

I shall be looking into Amazon Prime to see if it is worth subscribing to catch the new Clarkson, May, Hammond show called "The Grand Tour".

The BBC seem to have totally failed to understand just what Top Gear was all about. It was essentially a soap opera starring class entertainers Clarkson, May and Hammond set in a car world.

Top Gear was NOT the Stig, or the Star In A Reasonably Priced Car nor was it really in any sense a car review show that seriously trialled new cars. It was simply entertainment and witty banter between 3 well established figure heads.

You can not re-do Top Gear without those 3 figure heads. What the BBC have done is said "Look we have the Stig, we have a slightly modified test track, we are trialling new cars" but they just haven't realised that they are missing the major part of Top Gear, that interaction between the 3 figure heads.

I'm ashamed of Chris Evans for even trying to pick up the baton here. What a clutz!

I would be the first to admit that the original humour was childish and immature at times, predictable, over the top and at times shocking. But that was what made it what it was.

What the BBC have done here is try to replace the Morecambe & Wise show with Ant and Dec !
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2016, 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
Yeah, I agree. Nom, what crap do YOU watch??
I dont watch TVJazzi take your and Mups prejudice and stick it where the sun don't shine.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2016, 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
I dont watch TVJazzi take your and Mups prejudice and stick it where the sun don't shine.

Ooh I say . . you got the 'ump tonight Nom?
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland

29-05-2016, 09:21 PM

OPut me on ignore.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

29-05-2016, 09:23 PM

Oh dear, I'd never put you on ignore.
What's upset you?

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top