Join for free
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 > Last »
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2010, 09:50 PM

Corrie - The Tram Thing

Well it's going to be happening soon or in the very near future - the tram accident. I said to hubby "but we never hear any trams go by in the programme", hubby said "you can see one going over the bridge in the theme tune at the beginning of the programme". He said "you see, a couple of weeks before that tram accident happens, were start hearing trams going by in the programme".

I bet we do as well I will start listening out for trams going along when Corrie's on from now on.

Does any one know when the tram accident is going to happen?
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2010, 11:12 PM

Re: Corrie - The Tram Thing

Originally Posted by Alicat ->
Well it's going to be happening soon or in the very near future - the tram accident. I said to hubby "but we never hear any trams go by in the programme", hubby said "you can see one going over the bridge in the theme tune at the beginning of the programme". He said "you see, a couple of weeks before that tram accident happens, were start hearing trams going by in the programme".

I bet we do as well I will start listening out for trams going along when Corrie's on from now on.

Does any one know when the tram accident is going to happen?
The crash is being filmed now, to be broadcast in December.

This link doesn't give too much info away so I don't think it will spoil it for anyone

http://www.itv.com/soaps/coronations...mcrashfilming/
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2010, 09:12 AM

I always thought that was a railway bridge with trains going over it! I hate it when soaps bring on these accidents!!
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2010, 10:46 AM

I'm not one for soaps anyway because they are so detached from reality and the acting can be appalling at times. Staging accidents etc. is a sure sign of flagging interest in the programme and this is the producer's answer - stage a major incident. Sometimes major characters are written-off in these things which can only be a good thing as far as I'm concerned.
A tram accident where terrorists plant a dirty nuclear bomb that wipes out the entire area would be great!! stevmk2
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2010, 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by stevmk2 ->
I'm not one for soaps anyway because they are so detached from reality and the acting can be appalling at times. Staging accidents etc. is a sure sign of flagging interest in the programme and this is the producer's answer - stage a major incident. Sometimes major characters are written-off in these things which can only be a good thing as far as I'm concerned.
A tram accident where terrorists plant a dirty nuclear bomb that wipes out the entire area would be great!! stevmk2
That does sometime happen but in this case it is meant to be a huge storyline to celebrate the 50th year of Coronation Street (quite an achievement!)......... and it's still going strong!
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2010, 04:18 PM

Have you ever heard any trams go by in Corrie mags? (Thanks for the link by the way ).
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK

20-10-2010, 06:15 PM

Back in 1967 a train crashed off the viaduct and landed in the street killing one person ......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZzAmXUNq2w

Since they gave the Street's opening titles a revamp a few months ago, they have shown a tram going across the viaduct (just after the scene with the cat on the roof).
Maybe this was to lead up to the accident

http://www.itv.com/soaps/coronations...openingtitles/

I've never actually heard or seen a tram during the programme though.....
Alicat
West Berkshire

20-10-2010, 09:10 PM

My goodness mags, wherever did you rake that old bit of film up from I remember all those characters that were shown. Thanks for showing it.

Roll on December and we will see what occurs.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK

20-10-2010, 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by Alicat ->
My goodness mags, wherever did you rake that old bit of film up from I remember all those characters that were shown. Thanks for showing it.

Roll on December and we will see what occurs.
I find "Mr" Google exceedingly helpful at times!
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2010, 03:26 PM

Betty "Hotpot" - Claire Peacock - Tyrone - and that creepy bullying builder bloke - right, that's my line up, just need to find a 10 ton truck with an out of control drunk at the wheel to mow 'em down now ..... where's devil child Platt when you need him?

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top