Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2011, 03:58 AM

Eastenders - swopped babies

Hubby thinks that parents would know what their new born babies look like, so ........... the fact that Ronnie had swopped the babies over, wouldn't Kat and Alfie realise it wasn't their baby by the look of it . Not ever having a baby I wouldn't know.

So what I'm asking is, wouldn't one know what their new baby looked like and if one baby was swopped with another would you know??????
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2011, 04:30 AM

Re: Eastenders - swopped babies

My sisters have had babies and yeah, even I would be able to tell! Silly story writers
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2011, 01:27 PM

My twins were both in Intensive care for weeks after their birth but I easily recognised them amongst all the new born babies in other incubators.

However when they were allowed home after 6 weeks, my mother was always getting them mixed up even though they were a boy and a girl!!!
claireandaisy
Essex
claireandaisy is female  claireandaisy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2011, 01:48 PM

I knew my babies by their voices.
But occasionally I`d have swapped them for a good night sleep.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2011, 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by claireandaisy ->
I knew my babies by their voices.
But occasionally I`d have swapped them for a good night sleep.
I know the feeling Claire!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK

02-01-2011, 02:28 PM

I think soaps always have to make their storylines dramatic, just a shame that it's sometimes at the expense of realism.
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2011, 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I think soaps always have to make their storylines dramatic, just a shame that it's sometimes at the expense of realism.
I think that says it all Mags.
Alicat
West Berkshire

04-01-2011, 02:31 AM

It looks like Kat has noticed it's not her baby at last
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2011, 12:22 AM

I would defiantly recognise my baby and think most mothers would.
Babies get to know their mother's smell while still in the womb and and although we are not conscious of it I think scent plays a part in mother/ baby recognition. A mothers also recognises her baby by its cry and if you are breast feeding the sound of your baby crying can cause 'leakage' . We still possess some primitive instincts to help the survival of the species.

I think the whole storyline is horrible ...
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK

07-01-2011, 12:26 AM

I see Samantha Womack (Ronnie) is to leave Eastenders ....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-12126454

Reports say she has denied quitting over this controversial storyline - but it's a bit of a coincidence that she has announced it now.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top