Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2017, 10:30 PM

Re: The New Time Lord

Originally Posted by Pesta ->

I haven't been able to watch Dr Who since David Tennant left.
He was by far the best, imho.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2017, 10:37 PM

Patrick Troughton was good (probably before your time?) and Tom Baker was brilliant
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2017, 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
Were safe, none of the ladies are interested in doctor who

Even if we are not, we are still keeping an eye on you lot!

Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2017, 11:24 PM

Patrick Troughton was good (probably before your time?) and Tom Baker was brilliant
Wasn't he a Man City goalkeeper that broke his neck in an FA Cup Final?
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2017, 09:17 AM

Not sure this actor is eccentric enough, if Miriam Margolyes was in it I may have started watching again.
Only watched one episode with a friend in it, since Tom Baker.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2017, 09:28 AM

Hi

She will be most disconcerting for me, having appeared naked so many times before.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2017, 09:28 AM

Wont watch it.
basser
Chatterbox
ENGLAND
basser is male  basser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2017, 09:34 AM

I haven't been able to watch Dr Who since David Tennant left.
Not been able to watch since William Hartnell left...
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2017, 09:51 AM

I'm not really a fan of Dr Who but only because the writing has been so bad for so long. that's a shame because I love a bit of Sci-fi normally. Whenever I see the trailer for the new series, I think it looks great but in reality, I only last one episode.

So now we have a new Doctor, Jodie Whittaker, (a very good actress) and a new writer who has worked with Whittaker before in Broadchurch. I'm hoping the storylines will improve and am more than willing to give Jodie a chance.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2017, 10:05 AM

All this pandering to the feminist lobby etc is just silly imo.

Dr Who is a franchise unfortunately. Prior to this is was and has been one of THE best Sci Fi / adventure series of all time. When it was relaunched and made over everything changed. Suddenly, a series that had previously been centred on locations around the universe became ostensibly centred around London (wtf?!) as if the rest of the country didn't exist. The relaunch came with massive franchising. £millions made from the sales of books, toys, DVD sets and all manner of WHOish merchandise. This is no a HUGE business and that is why DrWho changed from what it was to what we have now.

Putting a female in the lead role simply panders to a different part of the public in order to widen the audience and bring in more revenue. Frankly it's patheitc.

Only a matter of time before DrWho is a full blown transexual who can change him/herself at will to be a man, woman, gay, lesbian, bi sexual free loving hippy.

I wonder what the female contingent would say if we took some core female lead series and replaced them with a man?

Al McBeal anyone?

Biffy The Vampire Slayer

How about we rewrite the Hunger Games films (a poor rip off as they are from the much better and original Battle Royale)rwith a male protagonist instead of the lame Katniss Everdeen?

How about we remake the Alien films without the female Ripley and instead put in a male substitute?

Silence of The Lambs without Clarice Starling

Tomb Raider with a male hero instead of Lara

This entire situation is farcical. imo the producers of DrWho deserve to lose a ton of viewing fans for doing this.
Why the hell didn't they just spawn a new off shoot series in the same universe with a female time lord who has her own identity? Would have worked fine. Lots of potential for cross overs and so on.

What next?

Will we see Vorderman and Riley from Countdown replaced with some male hunk? Yeah let's do that and see how the ratings change !

It's a sad state of affairs TBH. How long I wonder before they give us a new version of Superman with the assinine Louie Spence in the lead role?

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top