Join for free
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2011, 12:17 PM

The New Kindle

Just had an e-mail from Amazon. The new Kindle is only £89 available from 12th October. I will definitely get one of these now. Available to pre order :

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Kindle-Wi-Fi...31521_26875421
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2011, 03:29 PM

Re: The New Kindle

I got mine at the beginning of this year, it's the best thing ever. I had so many books all over the house, I'd ran out of places to put them so they sat in small stacks in corners. My Laird bought me one in desperation (i think) as he was sick of them getting everywhere.
I bought a heap of my favourites from Amazon and downloaded the rest from a Site I use. I'd a massive tidy up and sold some on Ebay, gave some away and the rest went to Charity Shops. I've around 500 on it the now....and still adding lol.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2011, 04:06 PM

I love mine to bits! Bought it for myself for Christmas; I'd have gone mad in hospital without it! I had literally thousands of books to donate when I moved; there was a bookcase in every room except the bathrooms...yes, one in the kitchen too for cookbooks! I just ordered two more for my Kindle, I like to have quite a nice backlog waiting.
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2011, 04:10 PM

I always meant to get one at some point and will definitely do so now. I am on holiday in Spain from 10 - 17 October so will order one on my return. I've got £80 saved in Nectar points anyway so it will only cost me £9
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2011, 04:20 PM

Wow, DL, that's practically free! And speaking of free, there are loads of good free and 99 cent books available as well as others.
The Dog Lover
Watford

29-09-2011, 04:23 PM

Yes Eileen I know I have had a good look at the E book section on Amazon already. Looking forward to getting one now
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA

29-09-2011, 04:30 PM

It really is almost magical; you decide on a title, order, and a few minutes later you are holding a 400 page novel!

When both of my forums are slow I can spend ages just browsing the Amazon catalogue.
The Dog Lover
Watford

29-09-2011, 04:36 PM

I love Amazon its the best store ever. I have got loads of stuff from them all kinds of things. I hope they are there for my lifetime thats for sure.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2011, 06:09 PM

I love mine too - they're brilliant! So easy to read on - much better than an LCD screen (which hurts your eyes after a while) and much lighter than a big fat book

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top