Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Danny
Denver, CO
Danny is male  Danny has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2021, 05:59 PM

Favorite Genres of Music

Rock
Metal
Alternative
80s (come on it's a genre in itself)
Some Pop
Some Rap
Some Country
Some Hip Hop

Blues anytime
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2021, 06:16 PM

Re: Favorite Genres of Music

I’ve tried to choose but I just can’t narrow it down and settle on a few. So I love most genres of music including classical music, blues and jazz.

Personally, I feel that society puts you in a box so much of the time and my music and my taste in music is the only thing that’s not confined to a box. For once, I’m free
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2021, 07:51 PM

Progressive Rock, Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath and most rock bands from the early seventies.
Pink Floyd, Yes, Focus, style of music
Rhythm and blues style stuff - Rolling Stones, The Doors, Dr. Feelgood type of thing.
Instrumentals like Tubular Bells, electronic music ala Jean Michel Jarre and Vangelis.
Don't mind some 80s pop, can't abide rap unless it's intelligent stuff such as Eminem and I appreciate classical music and opera more.

Must have mellowed as I got older.
Bathsheba
Devon, UK
Bathsheba is female  Bathsheba has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2021, 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by Minx ->
I’ve tried to choose but I just can’t narrow it down and settle on a few. So I love most genres of music including classical music, blues and jazz.

Personally, I feel that society puts you in a box so much of the time and my music and my taste in music is the only thing that’s not confined to a box. For once, I’m free
I couldn't have put it better Minx. Yes, I too have a very eclectic musical taste, including classical, folk, jazz, blues, soul, pop. The only genre I have never been able to enjoy is rap, although I can appreciate how clever it is, and differentiate between good and bad rappers. It just does nothing for me. I remember reading once someone who said that rap is the only word in the English language with a silent 'C'. I won't quite go that far, but it did make me smile
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2021, 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by Bathsheba ->
I couldn't have put it better Minx. Yes, I too have a very eclectic musical taste, including classical, folk, jazz, blues, soul, pop. The only genre I have never been able to enjoy is rap, although I can appreciate how clever it is, and differentiate between good and bad rappers. It just does nothing for me. I remember reading once someone who said that rap is the only word in the English language with a silent 'C'. I won't quite go that far, but it did make me smile
I failed to mention it - I detest Rap as well.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2021, 10:42 PM

Anything from the Sex Pistols to Mahler (apart from Rap)
Danny
Denver, CO
Danny is male  Danny has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2021, 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by Minx ->
I failed to mention it - I detest Rap as well.
I like rap in this form:
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa

17-07-2021, 11:19 PM

Originally Posted by Danny ->
I like rap in this form:
There’s a very limited selection Will Smith, some Eminem and a few others that my son persuaded me to enjoy but in general nope especially the violence, calling women nasty names and the swearing- absolutely not!
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2021, 04:51 PM

Pink Floyd, Led Zep, ELP, Yes, Van Halen, Caravan, Camel, Rush, Dream Theater, Rory Gallagher, Mike Oldfield (but not T-Bells), Cream, PFM, the list goes on.
Graham
South Hampshire
Graham is male  Graham has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2021, 04:59 PM

Classic blues and rock music, especially likes of Floyd, Clapton, BB King, Stevie Ray Vaughn, etc.

But not rap. It's not music.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top