Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
DianneWoollie
Deux Sevres. S W France
DianneWoollie is female  DianneWoollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2021, 08:22 AM

Re: Amy Winehouse

https://www.thenationalstudent.com/M...winehouse.html
DianneWoollie
Deux Sevres. S W France
DianneWoollie is female  DianneWoollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2021, 08:29 AM

Bathsheba
Devon, UK
Bathsheba is female  Bathsheba has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2021, 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Have just watched a warts and all documentary about her life - she cut a tragic figure. Her parents split up when she was a young girl, then she found solace in drugs, which were to become her entry into total addiction. When she eventually found fame, her drug addiction became a source of amusement for the media, who, after lauding and praising her, drove her into depression by hounding her day and night looking for any story. With any celeb treated this way, the outcome was inevitable.
That just about sums up the attitude of the media. They have absolutely zero duty of care. I wonder if they ever recognised that it was their hounding of her that drove her to her death?

She was so troubled. I remember the first time I saw her - and was bowled over by her - on Jools Holland's NYE show. She stood at the mic, both hands desperately clutching and tugging at the hem of her short dress. I knew right away that she had demons. Poor girl
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2021, 10:42 AM

d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2021, 11:54 AM

A nice little bit of documentary ...

Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2021, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by DianneWoollie ->
Thank you.

Originally Posted by Bathsheba ->
That just about sums up the attitude of the media. They have absolutely zero duty of care. I wonder if they ever recognised that it was their hounding of her that drove her to her death?

She was so troubled. I remember the first time I saw her - and was bowled over by her - on Jools Holland's NYE show. She stood at the mic, both hands desperately clutching and tugging at the hem of her short dress. I knew right away that she had demons. Poor girl
So sad. My thoughts exactly.
She offers the world her greatest gift and they torture her very soul. Humans can be utterly horrid creatures.
Rest In Peace you beautiful soul.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top