Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2013, 09:09 AM

Re: Blackberry

Well my husband was issued with one a few weeks ago as his work decided everyone needs a phone, of the 33 purchased on 4 still work ! They don't seem very reliable to me.
Death
New Member!
Vancouver
Death is male 

09-03-2014, 03:50 PM

I was a long time BlackBerry user because I hated virtual keyboards. Oldbugger makes the point that BB's tactile keys are tiny and therefore useless but the curved design of the keys gives you enough feedback that you know exactly which key you're pushing without even looking at it. Compare that with virtual keyboards where the keys are just as tiny but with no sensation to judge which letter you're selecting.
Despite my BB having such a small screen compared to some of the newer smartphones on the market I would have stayed with them indefinitely because of the keyboard primarily and also the fantastic OS which can be configured to exactly the way you like. But sadly the writing was on the wall and when it was time for a new phone this Christmas I opted for the HTC One even though the BB Q10 is a vastly superior phone for the simple reason that I didn't want to be stuck with a phone that gets no support if the company goes belly up which unfortunately looks inevitable.
However, if they do get their act together and manage to continue being a viable company, I will be first in line to return to their phones.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2014, 06:59 AM

Originally Posted by Wrinkly ->
Blackberry have just announced that they are to reduce their workforce by 4,000.
It appears that Apples last release is the camel that has broken the camels back.
There was a guy that mentioned yesterday that Apple will be the next, what do you think?
Blackberry has been overtaken by better technology not because of Apple as the market for smart phones is dominated by Android.

Blackberry rested on their laurels and got left behind with a closed system.

Even though Apple has a much smaller market they make the most money but whether that will continue is a moot point. Theirs is a closed and expensive system and they keep having to come up with new innovations each time so can it last?

Android has a lot of competing companies each bringing out new innovations all the time will Apple eventually have to play catch up?.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top