Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2020, 09:27 PM

Re: Oops! I did it again.

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Supermarket, Pauline. On my feet nine hours per day (a la mask of course). In a previous thread I mentioned how I usually walk about 12 miles per day and in one year could have walked to Albania. I unload and put out the fruit and veg, butters, cheeses etc etc. It's my own fault. I get up at 05:30 but never go to bed before 11:30 at night. Still, I have four days off now.
You really should be spending more time on the sofa, it suits you. 😉
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2020, 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I am always nodding off when sitting at the laptop

When I was working, I once came home after a night duty and fell asleep sitting on the bench at the kitchen table, I slid off the bench spilling tea everywhere.

I don't suppose you have that on video?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2020, 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
You really should be spending more time on the sofa, it suits you. 😉
You're right, it does.
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2020, 10:48 PM

Fell asleep that is.../...Luckily I was laying on the sofa at the time

Laying on a sofa isn't the best way of avoiding falling asleep.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

16-12-2020, 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by Harbal ->

Laying on a sofa isn't the best way of avoiding falling asleep.

I agree Harbal. I must sit up more but I thought holding my phone up would be enough to keep me awake. I was wrong, my eyes closed, my arms dropped and I had only got as far as 'thankyou for your text'
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2020, 10:57 PM

I agree Harbal. I must sit up more but I thought holding my phone up would be enough to keep me awake. I was wrong, my eyes closed, my arms dropped and I had only got as far as 'thankyou for your text'
I often fall asleep on my sofa, but when I do, it never surprises me.
gasman
Kent, UK
gasman is male  gasman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2020, 11:07 PM

I know that feeling only too well LD. I was a 12 hour shift worker and run my own business on the side. 18 hour, 7 days a week were nothing unusual, especially when you are trying to get a customer base. Glad that you have a few days off - go relax mate
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2020, 11:59 PM

Longy, lt’s a good job you don’t work in a sawmill. Years ago, a local man fell asleep whilst working with a circular saw.
He lost his fingers!
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2020, 12:12 AM

Fell asleep that is. Not at my keyboard this time but half way through texting someone from my phone. Luckily I was laying on the sofa at the time so my phone didn't have very far to fall.

I must get more sleep or get a job in management where I don't have to work so hard.
I was lucky that for most of my working life as a shift worker (8 and 12 hour) I was able to sleep on afternoon or night shifts basically because I was only there for when things went wrong. The alarms when things did go wrong would wake the dead!

Falling asleep on day shift was frowned upon.

Now that I am retired nanny naps are an essential part of my day.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

17-12-2020, 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by gasman ->
I know that feeling only too well LD. I was a 12 hour shift worker and run my own business on the side. 18 hour, 7 days a week were nothing unusual, especially when you are trying to get a customer base. Glad that you have a few days off - go relax mate
I'm always much better after a few hours kip. One more day to go, then back for the Christmas panic.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top