Join for free
Page 324 of 370 « First < 224 274 314 322 323 324 325 326 334 > Last »
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2019, 09:36 PM

Re: Post your daily exercise routine

Originally Posted by Katerina ->
I try to run every other day - about five miles. I fear I am not as fast as I used to be however
Welcome to the fitness thread Katerina, pull up a chair and sit between me and Surfermom.....Proper runners....

I get out four days per week, three fives and a six or eight on Sunday, come rain or shine.....Sadly I'm suffering the same fate as you.......I'm so slow these days I don't use a stopwatch anymore, I use a calendar instead.......
Katerina
United Kingdom
Katerina is female 

11-10-2019, 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Welcome to the fitness thread Katerina, pull up a chair and sit between me and Surfermom.....Proper runners....

I get out four days per week, three fives and a six or eight on Sunday, come rain or shine.....Sadly I'm suffering the same fate as you.......I'm so slow these days I don't use a stopwatch anymore, I use a calendar instead.......

Thank you very much.

I used to be very fit, but an old hamstring injury has come back to haunt me, which is a nuisance.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2019, 06:57 AM

Originally Posted by Tachyon ->
Managed a 3 hour workout on Saturday and I'm very pleased with it. Thanks to my legs being on good form I shifted a total of 117,150kg, used 1,777 calories and had my first ever 100/100 workout. I certainly slept well after that! Feeling in great shape the next day too, with no aches and pains.

Weights below are totals, and done in various sets of intermixed reps...
Crunch: 90x50kg
Back extension: 90x67½kg
Leg sled: 603x120kg
Pec deck: 11x30kg, 11x35kg, 10x40kg, 20x45kg, 70x50kg
Chest press:10x30kg, 10x35kg, 10x40kg, 20x45kg, 46x50kg
Leg curl: 100x35kg
Leg extension: 50x35kg
Hip Abduction: 180x40kg
Hip Adduction: 158x40kg
Pulldown: 40x50kg
Low Row: 40x50kg
Curls (alternating & twisting): 60x14k, 200x9kg

I have no idea why my legs were "in the mood" for a lot of reps but I'm not about to argue with them. Thanks to Floydy's advice on curls my arms look pretty good now and I am really enjoying doing the curls on the cable machines.
Sorry Tachyon, I know this was a week ago nearly but I'm just catching up. I have been looking in on you all but with nothing to post myself, it's best just to read and keep up to date with you all tbh

You're going up with those weights in leaps and bounds, Tachyon, some huge reps there and good, solid lifting. You must be feeling the difference with your health as well as gaining some added muscle, which will always keep those bones and ligaments strong.
Doing arm curls is essential. Not only do they build and define muscle but if you have strong arms, you will find lifting and pushing chest and back exercises easier too, therefore you will be able to keep increasing thew weight and reps in future sessions. Make sure you get plenty of rest after an arms session though as the muscles are much smaller compared to those in the legs, chest etc and you could risk 'over-training' i.e. cause pain, especially in the upper forearm area. Do you use the 'E-Z' bar much, as that is fantastic for bicep growth and tone? One of my favourite exercises, it's just as good loaded with light weights as it is going heavy for 3-5 reps taking it slowly. best if use the seated preacher bench for this though as it gives the lower back some support

Anyway folks, you all look like you're doing well in here with regular running outings and finding the time to do this when you can, which is good.

Swimmy, hope you're going on okay healthwise. I know it's hard but even if you can manage a walk now and again it's good for the circulation. Those physio exercises will get you back to some mobility too. Keep at it bud

Hi Katerina, nice to see a newbie in here

Myself, I'm still unable to do anything in the way of exercise. My hernia is out like a golf ball and a few short walks is all I can manage. But I'm sued to it now and staying positive. As soon as the operation is done (and they are now chasing that up apparently), I will then see how things are during my recovery time, get back to work, then look at devising a new training routine. And that will definitely involve getting outdoors and running a bit.

Take care all
Katerina
United Kingdom
Katerina is female 

12-10-2019, 10:46 AM

Hello Floydy, thank you for the welcome.

I was out just before 7 am for a run, the usual five miles, with a couple of slight inclines - we live in the countryside, so lots of quiet space to run. It is so much darker now in the mornings, so not too many early morning runs left now.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2019, 02:15 PM

Hi, Katerina and welcome to the thread! How wonderful that you are a runner!

There are many people here who are doing everything from recovering from injuries to running eight miles (OGF on Sundays). You will like it here because we both celebrate and commiserated. Being over fifty and still exercising is a valiant effort no matter how it's managed!

It sounds like you and I are running about the same distances and inclines, just a few thousand miles apart. I try to get out there about six days a week, running the beach, trails, and parks near my home. Speed is not my thing, though I do wear a watch to check my pace and distance every now and then.

I understand what you are saying about the darkness. I really try to run during the daylight hours and dread the early part of November when Daylight Savings goes into effect here and it's dark by 4:30 PM.

It's a pleasure to have you on the forum .
Katerina
United Kingdom
Katerina is female 

12-10-2019, 02:32 PM

Thank you Surfermom, so kind of you.

I shall think of you running also, a few thousand miles away!!
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2019, 10:01 PM

Cheers, Floydy. Unluckily I had a recurrence of the chest problem so I haven't been to the gym at all this week. I've made an appointment with the doc, as yesterday, in particular, I was finding it difficult to breathe. I have an inhaler to help me over the next few days but I am praying the problem A) goes away and B) the doc can prevent it reoccurring.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2019, 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by Tachyon ->
Cheers, Floydy. Unluckily I had a recurrence of the chest problem so I haven't been to the gym at all this week. I've made an appointment with the doc, as yesterday, in particular, I was finding it difficult to breathe. I have an inhaler to help me over the next few days but I am praying the problem A) goes away and B) the doc can prevent it reoccurring.
Be careful not to overdo it Tachyon, you owe it to your loved ones not to be too reckless with your health. I have also made an appointment with the doc to try and throw some light on this incessant tiredness......
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2019, 10:21 PM

Sorry to hear you have not been well, Tachyon. I only saw the one post a week ago so I assumed you were okay.
I hope all goes well for you and they get your chest problems sorted out. You do right to stop the gym work totally until you get the okay from the doc though.

You too Bob. Hopefully they will find the cause of your fatigue. It seems strange and could be a number of things to rule out.

Get well soon guys
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2019, 02:34 PM

HI, Tachyon. I hope this finds you better today. It must be frustrating to finally have the time but not the wellness to be gym bound. Good luck with your doctor visit.

Floydy, it's good to have you pop in (ooo, that is a bad way of putting it ). Even in waiting, every day is getting closer to your return. How are you doing?

It's Sunday, so we know what that means for Bob. Standing by for the mutt and mud report .

The mornings are finally cool enough to run. The sun is out, the sky is blue, so I am off....or OFF....or off OFF....or something .

Page 324 of 370 « First < 224 274 314 322 323 324 325 326 334 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top