Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2019, 03:35 AM

Dealing With People Who Push Your Buttons

How are you are dealing with people who push all your buttons?

I’m looking for tips that can help and hopefully ones I’ll remember.

I’m needing help with this one.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2019, 05:40 AM

Re: Dealing With People Who Push Your Buttons

Hi Bratti. Maybe I can help. Need a bit more information though. Do you mean people who upset you with how they behave towards you or others? Or just people who make you angry/ scared etc or you just don't like but you don't know why?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2019, 07:37 AM

Keep repeatedly pushing your own buttons, that way, no on else can get a look in, simples.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2019, 08:33 AM

Nobody pushes my buttons. I decide for myself what I will do because nobody else has the right to control me.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2019, 08:57 AM

I just avoid them as much as I can..
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2019, 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->
I just avoid them as much as I can..
People or buttons, Carol?
Chocolate buttons are lovely
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2019, 09:03 AM

Find the source ..it probably started in childhood,not sure though.

It's understanding the button pushing,in the first place.

It can be very deep rooted....at least you know your buttons are being pushed...so that has to be a positive start.

For some people,including myself..button pushing can teach you a lot....family are the most difficult to overcome....most of us have wounds that need healing...

It's called "life"
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2019, 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Find the source ..it probably started in childhood,not sure though.

It's understanding the button pushing,in the first place.

It can be very deep rooted....at least you know your buttons are being pushed...so that has to be a positive start.

For some people ,including myself..button pushing can teach you a lot....family are the most difficult to overcome....most of us have wounds that need healing...

It's called "life"
Pauline, I think some people look too deeply into things and blame everything on their past life. They dwell on it forever. You can’t go back, you can’t change things. ‘‘Tis Done”.

Some people are naturally pushy and obnoxious and it’s not because of things happening in their life.
It’s about being pig ignorant and thinking they can push everyone to the limit.

l can take so much of it and then l turn on people like that. After that, l avoid them.

Bratti, l hope that’s what your thread was about?
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2019, 09:48 AM

[QUOTE=Artangel;1812664]Pauline, I think some people blame everything on their previous life too much and dwell on it forever. You can’t go back, you can’t change things. ‘‘Tis Done”.

I can see your point Art.....yes,one can dwell on it...but that is what makes us unique.....some can move on much more quickly than others....I look upon that as depth.....we are all just so different.

Some people are naturally pushy and obnoxious and it’s not because of things happening in their life.
It’s about being pig ignorant and thinking they can push everyone to the limit.

l can take so much of it and then l turn on people like that. After that, l avoid them.

Yes,some are very pig ignorant....I know I am in certain areas.

I can honestly say..."now".. I welcome the button pushers...those who aren't related to me.....they mean nothing to me...

The ones that mean the world to me are my family.......my son and I,are always pushing each other's buttons......but not in the deep hurtful way.....but we have in the past...it's just finding the source....then talking it through with each other.

Unfortunately not everyone can do that...they sweep it under the carpet...which in itself can be very damaging.

Bratti,my parents pushed my buttons deeply....they were in denial until the day they died...

Deep pain is hard to deal with....I hope you heal....big hug...

If I am well off the beaten track...with this topic...then I apologise.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2019, 09:58 AM

Keep your buttons close to your chest.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top