Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2019, 08:32 AM

Re: The Bully Family.

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Be careful, Mart.
Have a read of this from the RSPB.

" We do oppose illegal magpie control, including poisoning, which has a high risk of accidentally poisoning other birds, including rare birds of prey.

Many people wish to control magpies in gardens because they take eggs and chicks of other birds. Since research indicates that magpies do not pose a conservation problem to garden birds, the use of general licence in this context is at best debatable.

It must be remembered that if challenged, anyone killing magpies in their garden may have to prove to a court of law that they had acted lawfully. This may be difficult given the lack of scientific evidence that magpies affect the conservation of garden bird species. "
I think more birds are killed by pesticides and destruction of their habitat than by magpies .
lovely photos Roxy .
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2019, 12:52 PM

Re: The Bully Family.

Thanks folks, I knew the wee scunners were aye in that tree but had to wait until all the leaves dropped before I could photograph them. They are very wary of me and with good reason as I chase them away every opportunity I get, so they always have one eye on the back door.
Even Dageus barks at them now lol but he leaves the other birds alone....Clever Lad.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top