Join for free
Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2017, 03:13 PM

Re: Days out

My day out at Greenwich London yesterday was a wet but enjoyable one .
The Coach arrived there at 12 30 i had boarded at 8am and it was raining when we arrived and continued till i got back on the coach .But with my hood on my coat up i kept dryish for the best part of the day .

My first port of call was the Queens House and Maritime Museum with a A4 map in hand I set off ,Both lived up to my expectations ,I took loads of Photos which was allowed inside , (also Free to go in and wander round at your own pace .)
The Tulip Staircase looked just as i had seen and read about online and i was able to get my own photos of this .
Each room of the Queens House there was some description of what the room was used for in the time it was in use.

There was lots of Art work and models of Sailing Ships of long ago ,
It was still raining when i came out the Queens House and went to The Maritime Museum further along , and once again it was Free to go in unless you wanted to see any special exhibitions that was on in which case you paid to see this .
There was a sitting area up stairs where i was able to have a sit down and a cup of Hot Chocolate and a bite to eat .

After i made my way towards The Cutty Sark where the Coach Passengers had arranged to meet at 3pm because we had a group ticket to go in together at that time .
I thought i was doing quite well following the signs to Cutty Sark only to find my self at the Cutty Sark Tube Station.It was a good thing i am able to talk with ease to Strangers and ask them where the Ship was .

I was sent in the right direction and arrived dripping wet from the continued rain .
After our look round we split up again and i went in the Greenwich Market ,before making my way back to the coach .

I had seen all i had set out to see that day , maybe i will go back again to walk the Tunnel under the Thames and go up the hill to the Observatory which there was not enough time to do .

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1090540.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	51.9 KB
ID:	3854   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1090467.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	30.1 KB
ID:	3855   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1090715.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	41.9 KB
ID:	3856   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1090466.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	41.9 KB
ID:	3857  

Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top