Join for free
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2017, 12:41 AM

Re: Holiday scheme or scam?

Originally Posted by Val J ->
I remember these scratch cards from years ago, probably in the same place as you Floydy. The rep gets all excited and tells you that you have won a holiday, me, being a very cautious sort, smelt a rat, whereas hubby wanted to go along with it. Anyway we didn't and pleased he took notice of me this time. Things may have changed, but as well as purchasing so many weeks holiday a year for life, you also had to pay annual maintenance on top. However, having said that, we have friends who paid into the scheme and had many years 5 star holidays, although they still had to buy flights, food etc.
Well I might as well say that the place in question is Tenerife.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2017, 12:43 AM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
It sounds like you have been drawn into a Time Share arrangement Floydy.

Many years ago we went to Lanzarote and on our second day there we were given two free scratch cards by a lady with a chance of winning a big prize. We accepted the cards and, like you, scratched them there and then after the lady said said she would get a bonus if there was a winning card. Yes, one card was a bottle of champagne and the other was a major prize. We were told she would take us to a hotel where we could collect our prize. I didn't want to go but Mr Mags said we could go for a laugh.

The hotel was grand, many people stood around talking which made me suspicious. Brochures were handed out and discount holidays every year were mentioned. I immediately thought Time Share and said I wanted to leave .... we did but not before Mr Mags claimed his bottle of cheap champagne!

These people are rife in many resorts abroad and you have to be on your guard as it is so easy to talk you into what you think is a good deal.
It does sound suspiciously similar to your experience Mags. I'll be treading very carefully.

If all this is sorted out after the first holiday, I'll be making sure I get as much slander against this company put on FB, Twitter, Trip Advisor, even Watchdog. We'll see.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2017, 12:46 AM

Oh No...

realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2017, 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
If it had been a timeshare villa or such like I would definitely not have taken anything on.

I'm looking into various things at the moment regarding how authentic this company is. It certainly looks quite legit with letterheads etc, but I'll be trying to find out more about them very soon.
Definately time share you have to stay somewhere on holiday.
Sounds to me they are calling it holiday to disguise what it really is
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2017, 11:59 AM

I think I would contact Citizens Advice Floydy, we have always found them to be very helpful. I wonder if there is a 'cooling off' period for this kind of deal.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

25-07-2017, 05:07 PM

I think I would contact Citizens Advice Floydy, we have always found them to be very helpful. I wonder if there is a 'cooling off' period for this kind of deal.
That might be a good idea, Val
I'm in two minds: whether to wait and see and go ahead with the first week and perhaps turn the tables on them and grill them with loads of questions. Or go for some kind of legal action before we even go back out there.
I think we'll enjoy the holiday at their hotel (which will obviously be very nice so that they can get us to pay for another deal. We won't be!).
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2017, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
Debit card has no protection, it has to be a credit card such as Mastercard, Amex etc.
I found this,,,
How are debit card purchases protected?
Chargeback lets you claim a refund for goods that have not arrived or arrived damaged, goods that are different to how they were described, or if the merchant stops trading.

You get protection through the Chargeback scheme for purchases made using all UK debit cards, including:

Visa and Visa Electron cards
MasterCard debit cards
Maestro debit cards
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

25-07-2017, 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
I found this,,,
Hmmm not sure if this would work, Rehab. I've signed all their documents, so they've probably got me now!
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2017, 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Hmmm not sure if this would work, Rehab. I've signed all their documents, so they've probably got me now!
You could try, nothing ventured, but good luck, i am sorry to hear of your plight, the bastards shouil be hung.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2017, 05:57 PM

Don't think they would be able to help as it happened abroad, working under different laws etc out there.

If they had used that approach in the UK then maybe something might have been able to be done under UK law

At no time were they forced at gunpoint to take the scratch card or into a car to be whisked away. No way were they forced to sign anything either it was their choice. Unfortunately not being aware of this type of scam like many other before fell for it on the promise of getting something for nothing.

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top