Join for free
Page 1 of 50 1 2 3 11 > Last »
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2019, 07:52 AM

Greta Thunberg ... again

Millions of people are set to take to the streets in around 150 countries today in what could be the largest climate protest in history.
www.standard.co.uk

... a nice day for it. Will you be joining in?
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2019, 07:55 AM

Re: Greta Thunberg ... again

Why aren't people at work? Why aren't people at school? The only people on it will be activists, benefit scroungers and retired people.
What a daft day to hold a march. You would have thought it would be on a weekend.
Anyway, I can't walk far anyway right now so I can't do it.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2019, 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Why aren't people at work? Why aren't people at school? The only people on it will be activists, benefit scroungers and retired people.
What a daft day to hold a march. You would have thought it would be on a weekend.
Anyway, I can't walk far anyway right now so I can't do it.
Feel like I am sympatico with you on most things Floydy but not this. I reckon climate change is the most urgent issue we face today. I only speak for the kids in this country but they are deadly serious about this and their teachers are behind them all the way. They are intelligent, articulate and committed. It's THEIR future that is at stake. The marchers here are from everywhere. NObody expects any to march if they can't. But the more people take this issue seriously the better chance we'll have of saving the planet for our kids.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2019, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
Feel like I am sympatico with you on most things Floydy but not this. I reckon climate change is the most urgent issue we face today. I only speak for the kids in this country but they are deadly serious about this and their teachers are behind them all the way. They are intelligent, articulate and committed. It's THEIR future that is at stake. The marchers here are from everywhere. NObody expects any to march if they can't. But the more people take this issue seriously the better chance we'll have of saving the planet for our kids.
Keezoy, nowhere in my post did I say that climate change was a bad idea. I fully support it and I don't know why you think I do not.
I just think they should have held it on a weekend when most people can participate in the marches
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2019, 10:21 AM

What a load of old Borax! It's a pity the young people of this world haven't got anything better to do with their time, instead of congregating in towns and cities making a nuisance of themselves and inconveniencing the general public trying to get to work.

And shame on the so called intelligent members of society (teachers) for putting the ridiculous idea into their stupid heads that they can actually do anything about climate change. Mother nature won't take a blind bit of notice.

If every human on the planet was taken off tomorrow it wouldn't make an apeth of difference to what's happening with the climate...
I bet most of them voted to remain in the EU, so it's okay to move goods from one side of the world to the other en masse, instead of producing them locally.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2019, 10:21 AM

The nut cases like Thunberg need to realise that every time they open their gobs and protest about climate change they rubbish everything our country has done over the past 50 years to combat it.

We do not burn coal anymore

We will not have petrol or diesel cars by 2030

We have invested massive amounts gf money into wind farms and renewable energy.

We have invested massively into flood defences

We have invested massively into our water and rivers, beaches and countryside

We lead the world in battery technology

etc

etc

Thunberg gets on my tits. Just another priviledged moron that thinks she knows what's best for everyone.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2019, 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
The nut cases like Thunberg need to realise that every time they open their gobs and protest about climate change they rubbish everything our country has done over the past 50 years to combat it.

We do not burn coal anymore

We will not have petrol or diesel cars by 2030

We have invested massive amounts gf money into wind farms and renewable energy.

We have invested massively into flood defences

We have invested massively into our water and rivers, beaches and countryside

We lead the world in battery technology

etc

etc

Thunberg gets on my tits. Just another priviledged moron that thinks she knows what's best for everyone.
.....Amen to that Bread....
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2019, 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
.....Amen to that Bread....
Why isn't she protesting in China and India where they really do have a problem ?

Stupid cow.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2019, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Keezoy, nowhere in my post did I say that climate change was a bad idea. I fully support it and I don't know why you think I do not.
I just think they should have held it on a weekend when most people can participate in the marches
Yes OK. No offence meant. If you support climate change action I have no argument with you.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2019, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Why isn't she protesting in China and India where they really do have a problem ?

Stupid cow.
Bread, I was just going to say that!

Those countries are the worst for pollution but just seem to carry on regardless.

Page 1 of 50 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top