Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2012, 08:20 AM

Jealous Bandwagoners

What is it with people who feel that they have to jump on the bandwagon so that they fit into the right world.

Why are people so jealous of the rich?

Even the left wing with their idiotologies of life have bank accounts/saving/investments etc which is capialism in the worst form.

My parents mingled with some of the riches people in Blackburn when I was a child and for all the money and toys their kids had I can honestly say with my hand on my heart that I was never jealous of them

The rich tend to be envious of the poor in one way because they do not have standards to live up to, they can live their life as they want up to a point. Some our happiest days were when we did not know where the next meal was coing from. I once won £5 in a raffle and we used the money to give the kids a treat, we bought runabout tickets on the train. Oh happy days.

Contentment is the real life we should all strive to live in not a monetoristic one.

Please do not say that you are not jealous all you rich people knockers because if you were'nt you would not even think twice about them.

Pray tell me all you rich people knockers that you would not do what they do if you were in the same posiion wealth wise.
poppycock
hampshire England
poppycock is female  poppycock has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2012, 09:43 AM

Re: Jealous Bandwagoners

I agree entirely with you I dont understand it either. I am happy with all I have got which is much more than i ever envisaged myself having its not a monetary thing for me at all.I guess its down to being happy with who you are.
claireandaisy
Essex
claireandaisy is female  claireandaisy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2012, 11:20 AM

Actually - I find resentment of the poor more upsetting than jealousy of the rich.( Probably because I have never been well off. )
I have no problem with the rich - I hope their wealth brings them happiness, although the evidence is that it doesn`t.
But there has just been a news item on the radio that some disabled people are now being abused in the street because of the current campaign about `welfare scroungers`.
Most of us have changes of fortune throughout our life. One should never feel either superior or inferior to another person because of money.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2012, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by Antibrown ->
What is it with people who feel that they have to jump on the bandwagon so that they fit into the right world.

Just for starters AB personally I don't jump on anyone else's bandwagon to try to fit in (that's always been my problem) - I plough my own furrow and what is really the "right world" anyway. The world is a precarious, haphazard place and contentment in human terms doesn't come served up on a plate

That is a sweeping generalisation AB many people are not jealous of the rich, and you can be rich in wealth but so poor in other ways. I think it is human nature to look and aspire to something another person may have when the person looking has very few "cards" to play with. That looking, wanting and being jealous often motivates a person to do something about achieving it for themselves.

Even the left wing with their idiotologies of life have bank accounts/saving/investments etc which is capialism in the worst form.

IMO Having a Bank Account/savings/investments doesn't make you a capitalist in the worst form - I fail to see what it has to do with being left wing, right wing or in the middle

My parents mingled with some of the riches people in Blackburn when I was a child and for all the money and toys their kids had I can honestly say with my hand on my heart that I was never jealous of them

I don't believe there is a child living who has never covetted something another child has or does. I know I did.

The rich tend to be envious of the poor in one way because they do not have standards to live up to, they can live their life as they want up to a point. Some our happiest days were when we did not know where the next meal was coing from. I once won £5 in a raffle and we used the money to give the kids a treat, we bought runabout tickets on the train. Oh happy days.

Who says that the poor have no standards to live up to AB - I find that a bit offensive and ridiculously naive. Poor people cannot live life as they would want - even up to a point. Being poor doesn't set you free - it binds you.

Someone would only be happy not knowing where the next meal was coming from if they were not hungry.

Contentment is the real life we should all strive to live in not a monetoristic one.

Contentment doesn't come easy for the majority of people AB - with or withoout money and I am not sure if it is the "real life". Life for most of us is a struggle one way or another and we are meant to strive and muddle through it. If you have never struggled for anything I think it would be impossible to know what being content is. The child who is content would never want to read or write or wish to achieve anything - that child would not be a "normal" child and would drive his/her parents to distraction.

Being serene in life is something else, but it doesn't come when you are young - it may come to a few lucky ones later in life, but it has to be achieved, hopefully, with the guidance of a benign mentor and by looking, making mistakes, learning, understanding, striving, and experiencing life "warts and all" - and that comprehensive process will entail a degree of envy and jealousy IMO. That's simply human nature. There also has to be rationalisation and realisation on an individual level to make sense of it all. Then a person may (and its a big may) achieve serenity.

Please do not say that you are not jealous all you rich people knockers because if you were'nt you would not even think twice about them.

Pray tell me all you rich people knockers that you would not do what they do if you were in the same posiion wealth wise.
It very much depends on how people obtain their wealth and what they do with that wealth AB. I don't think I am a rich people knocker, but I do get annoyed at the injustice of wealth and those who hoard it and don't use it fairly. Money is meant to be used not hoarded and gloated over, especially when that wealth has been gained at the expense of someone else.
pixie
Canada
pixie is female  pixie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2012, 02:15 PM

Rich is what you make out of your life
you health and your happy
would sooner have that than have tons of cash
White Raven
White Raven is female  White Raven has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2012, 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by pixie ->
Rich is what you make out of your life
you health and your happy
would sooner have that than have tons of cash
I totally agree, One of the Richest Men around "Paul McArtney" couldn't save his Wife Linda from dying, all his money was useless.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2012, 07:08 PM

I do agree with you AB about contentment, if you find contentment in your life you find happiness.
As regards the rich, I too have come across quite a lot of them in the jewellery business and like everything else some are decent generous people while others are just plain arrogant and a waste of expensive education (You can't make a silk purse from a sow's ear, springs to mind) and just like the poor they will always be with us. I have never envied them in my adult life because I am content with my lot.
I agree with Rena about the toys, I can't remember one kid on our street not being envious of the rich kids toys, it's in a child's nature.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2012, 07:18 PM

I think the younger you are the more envious you are of the better off, but surely that's a good thing in that it gives us incentive and aspiration to better ourselves?

When you are older and wiser I think you realise that you don't need huge amounts of money and possessions to be content, but just enough to sustain your needs without further struggle. I am not rich but I am content with my lot and I envy no-one...
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2012, 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by Antibrown ->
AB what i don't understand is why some people are so selective in their vitriol.

The media, politicians, and all the green eyed envious ones, have recently laid into one man at the head of RBS while ignoring for a long time a footballer who earns fourteen times as much, who works only 3 x 90 minutes a week at most (plus a bit of trainning time) and who is not very good at his job either.

There are hundreds (thousands maybe) of examples like this, it's selective vision at it's worst.
Silver Surfer
Manchester UK
Silver Surfer is female  Silver Surfer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2012, 08:31 PM

I envy nobody ,I have worked hard for all that I have,not rich by any means but content with my lot .What I can`t abide is jealous people saying they dislike such and such abody because of their wealth and position when they have never even met them .Smacks of the green eyed monster I think .

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top