Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2015, 07:28 AM

Re: Cuppa Tea ......

Its all tea bags here..

Mostly the builders type but I do like white tea sometimes.

Not keen on the fruit teas though. Mum has to drink them due to diet changes and says some of them taste like earwax.

Have to wonder how she knows what earwax tastes like!
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2015, 09:22 AM

Always T Bags for me but I remember my old father in law always used "real tea" saying that T bags were made from the sweepings from the factory floor.
2wheeler
Lincolnshire
2wheeler is male  2wheeler has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2015, 09:50 AM

Loose tea in a diffuser straight in the mug - tea pots just make the brew colder - I like mine hot. I ¨blend¨ my own mixing builder´s with Earl Grey.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2015, 10:36 AM

I use both tea bags and leaves, t bags for a quick cuppa made in the cup and leaves when I have few more minutes or making more than one cup, made in either my little brown tea pot or my larger pretty floral tea pot.
Anita
Midlands, UK
Anita is female  Anita has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2015, 10:39 AM

OH likes Russian Caravan tea made with loose tea, drinks it black.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2015, 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I use both tea bags and leaves, t bags for a quick cuppa made in the cup and leaves when I have few more minutes or making more than one cup, made in either my little brown tea pot or my larger pretty floral tea pot.
Why do you do that Julie - is it a special blend of tea or do you prefer tea leaves ?
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2015, 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by Anita ->
OH likes Russian Caravan tea made with loose tea, drinks it black.
It seems to be a blend preferred then 'cos lets face it, its more hassle .......
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2015, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Why do you do that Julie - is it a special blend of tea or do you prefer tea leaves ?
If I had time I would use loose all the time, I don't have a special tea just bog standard Tesco loose leaves but it tastes so much nicer made in a pot and I like the ritual too I think, the brewing and taking the pot with the jug of milk on a pretty tray into the living room, putting it on the coffee table and pouring for everyone. Yes it's more the ritual really than the taste.

Wow never realised that before !
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

18-02-2015, 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
If I had time I would use loose all the time, I don't have a special tea just bog standard Tesco loose leaves but it tastes so much nicer made in a pot and I like the ritual too I think, the brewing and taking the pot with the jug of milk on a pretty tray into the living room, putting it on the coffee table and pouring for everyone. Yes it's more the ritual really than the taste.

Wow never realised that before !

I loved doing all that too - I guess I'm so used to tea bags now - I wont revert back. I agree though its a nice ritual
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2015, 10:57 AM

I drink lots of tea during the day but have my last cuppa about 6pm. Don't drink it later than that. I am like a lot of you on here I have T bags but I
have to make it in a teapot. Cannot stand going to peoples houses and
having a t bag dunked in a beaker. It just doesn't mash it for me.
You have to mash tea with boiling water otherwise it doesn't taste good
whether its loose or in a bag.
I must admit my friends have been very obliging and bought themselves
a teapot so that I can have a good cuppa with them
My Brother still has Typhoo loose leaves and I like Sainsburys Red Label
t bags. Occasionally Yorkshire tea. Think the only big things growing in
Yorkshire Bruce is Rhubarb cant remember the tea plantations.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top