Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2015, 11:03 AM

Re: Cuppa Tea ......

I always put the teabags in the teapot and let it brew, don't like enjoy the teabag in the cup/mug way...
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2015, 11:24 AM

Who said a tea pot gets cold? Rubbish! You heat the post first then use a tea cosy. The mass is greater than that of a cup so it retains heat better anyway.

This cosy was knocked up for me by one of the ladies at my seniors club.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2015, 11:26 AM

You don't want it scalding your mouth anyway so if it cools a degree or so I don't think that is a negative.
Anita
Midlands, UK
Anita is female  Anita has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2015, 12:14 PM

I drink ordinary tea with a tea bag, and my son drinks tea but daughter only drinks green tea.
Anyway when son met his wife she made tea with a tea bag but puts the milk in with the tea bag and then pours hot water on it.
Because the tea bag has been sitting in the cold milk you don't get the effect of the hot water releasing the flavour and the tea is rank putting it politely.
Son also makes tea like this now, but I ask them if they can please leave the milk out until the tea is made, they think Im being daft but I think it does make a big difference to enjoying the cuppa.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2015, 02:02 PM

Tea bags here also, just so quick and easy and taste good, what"s not to like . LOL
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2015, 06:51 PM

When i was a young girl my Mum used to read tea leaves and had a multitude of people and friends calling at the door for a reading, they would sit down with a cup and saucer and have the tea poured into the cup and drink right down to the bottom, and then turn the cup over onto the saucer and turn it round three times, and then hand it over to my Mum where she read to them what she could see. She would never read the families tea leaves as they might have been something nasty?

My older Brother always buys Ringtons loose tea in a packet and teabags.
And me and my Hubby just drink teabag tea now.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2015, 10:04 PM

Tea bags, always. For quickness, direct in a cup, but when I have time and especially when resting in my chair then in a teapot. Milk in cup first, then tea.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top