Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2015, 11:12 AM

Not listening !

Nearly fell out yesterday with Steven, he was adamant I had said I was buying a new mobile phone had got himself in a right knot about wasting money we hadn't got. When he finally and in a rather irritated voice said he didn't think it was a good idea, I denied saying it and we then had a feisty 10 minutes of who said what and when.

In the end the conclusion was he had taken 2 conversations about phones, one where I said to Grace if we could find one that she could read books on at a reasonable price we would try and get her one for her birthday, because her kindle is my old one and I discarded it because it wouldn't work properly and when she goes to friends houses she does need to be able to call us and not everyone now has a phone, so for safety we think it would be a good idea. And another conversation where I said I was very pleased with my kindle and was remembering to charge my phone more often these days.

He put both together and came up with I was buying an expensive phone for myself.

If he just listened properly, not too much to ask !!
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2015, 11:35 AM

Re: Not listening !

You sound like my wife, Julie.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2015, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Nearly fell out yesterday with Steven, he was adamant I had said I was buying a new mobile phone had got himself in a right knot about wasting money we hadn't got. When he finally and in a rather irritated voice said he didn't think it was a good idea, I denied saying it and we then had a feisty 10 minutes of who said what and when.

In the end the conclusion was he had taken 2 conversations about phones, one where I said to Grace if we could find one that she could read books on at a reasonable price we would try and get her one for her birthday, because her kindle is my old one and I discarded it because it wouldn't work properly and when she goes to friends houses she does need to be able to call us and not everyone now has a phone, so for safety we think it would be a good idea. And another conversation where I said I was very pleased with my kindle and was remembering to charge my phone more often these days.

He put both together and came up with I was buying an expensive phone for myself.

If he just listened properly, not too much to ask !!

Ah - but it is gal
its like the multi tasking thing - trying to 'listen while jumping to conclusions'
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2015, 11:39 AM

Oooooh domestics, ive only got myself to argue with these days. Sometimes i dont speak to myself for days.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2015, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Oooooh domestics, ive only got myself to argue with these days. Sometimes i dont speak to myself for days.
Try and be a bit more understanding Nom
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2015, 11:43 AM

The trouble with women is they never stop to think whether they are explaining themselves properly. They just demand that men understand their gibberish and gobbledygook.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2015, 11:51 AM

Ah but if men were listening properly they could ask questions when they didn't understand.
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox

23-02-2015, 11:55 AM

I have tried that. All I ever get is 'What's so hard to understand about that?'

Uhmmm....Everything, Dear.

Oh, and how about 'If you don't know by now, there's no point me explaining it to you'
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

23-02-2015, 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by Mr Ploppy ->
I have tried that. All I ever get is 'What's so hard to understand about that?'

Uhmmm....Everything, Dear.

Oh, and how about 'If you don't know by now, there's no point me explaining it to you'
Made me laugh
At the time its infuriating - looking back, very funny
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

23-02-2015, 12:15 PM

LOL think you got me on that one MrP

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top