Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2015, 10:05 AM

Forgetfulness

A few days ago Paula my daughter in law asked me if I could pick Taylor up from school and Josh from the child minders as she was going to the pictures to see 50 Shades of Grey with her friend. I said ‘Yes no problem’ so away she went and got back to my house about 6.00pm to collect the kids and take them home. OMG that’s when the performance started – she couldn’t find her door keys and assumes she’d lost them in the cinema or Wetherspoons where they had a pre show meal. The next 20 minutes or so was spent phoning everywhere she’d been to see if they had found any keys – no luck so she resigned herself to staying at our house until Ady finished work about 8.00pm. In the meantime she texted him to tell him she’d lost her keys.

Ady was dropped off at his home by another driver where he picked his own car up to come & fetch Paula & the kids. As soon as he walked through the door he dangled Paula’s keys in front of her face – she gasped and asked him how he found them. He told her they were in the door!! She’d left them there and they’d been on full view all day for anybody to see and enter. We had a laugh and said it was the thought of going to see 50 Shades that had sent her into a dither!

Joking aside though we think she was very lucky that no opportunist had seen them. it could have been a different story.

Tony said it made him feel a lot better as her forgetfulness is worse than his!
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2015, 10:35 AM

Re: Forgetfulness

Oh what a familiar sounding story Carol, I couldn´t begin to tell you how many times over the years I have done similar things. In fact right now I´m in a bit of a quandary because my friend and her son are coming to dinner, but, for the life of me I can´t remember if it´s today or tomorrow. I don´t want to phone and ask because I invited them for a special reason and I´m sure she won´t feel very special if I have to ask when I invited her ! So since it is going to be a raclette meal I shall simply prepare everything then if it´s today, all is ready and if it´s tomorrow it´s still all ready, phew ! Then again if it´s tomorrow we are out for a birthday lunch so we won´t be hungry. I do get myself into some silly situations so you can tell your daughter not to worry, she isn´t on her own.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2015, 10:43 AM

Ive done that myself on a few occasions, panic mode sets in, and the feeling of relief when found is offset by the sense of how stupid i was.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2015, 10:54 AM

Happens a lot here - key left in the door
I've not done it yet, but I have tried to open the lift with me key ! More than once too !
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2015, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->
Ady was dropped off at his home by another driver where he picked his own car up to come & fetch Paula & the kids. As soon as he walked through the door he dangled Paula’s keys in front of her face – she gasped and asked him how he found them. He told her they were in the door!!
I had to chuckle at this. I am a person that never loses their keys, wallet or phone (or rather I always keep them in my pockets)

Years ago when the kids were young we were ready to go out and I couldn't find my keys, I was stunned because I was sure I had them and I had let us in the house only an hour or so earlier. Searched high and low for ages and after a lot of more and more frantic searching eventually gave up and dug out a spare set. Went to dead lock the back door which was, as usual, open and there were my keys still in the lock (on the inside obviously left after turning off the deadlock).

No idea why I left them in the lock it is something I never did before nor have I done since. I had absolutely no recollection of leaving them there or why.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2015, 12:17 PM

I am still looking for keys that were handed to me last week. In theory I was handed them in the car park and should have just put them on the key hook as I came in. I practise I have no idea where they are and we only have one set for the van so I have to find them ! Wish I had left them in the door at least I would know where they are
Sweetsue
midWales
Sweetsue is female  Sweetsue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2015, 11:34 PM

Many years ago I came home from a meeting with an armful of files and let myself in with the door key, on the ring with the car keys (the car I had just come home in). Dumped the files on the dining room table, had a cuppa and went to bed. Following morning loaded children into car to go shopping - no sign of bunch of keys. Searched house and pockets, no sign of them, so found spares and went shopping, assuming they would turn up in the next day or so. Never, ever saw them again - not even when we moved out a few years later and had emptied every cupboard, drawer and corner. Another of life's little mysteries.
Agent
north east
Agent is male  Agent has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2015, 09:05 AM

I've got a really interesting story about forgetfulness , When I remember what it is I'll post it on here.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2015, 09:11 AM

It's OK to forget where your Front Door keys are, you have a problem when you forget where the Front Door is.
Anita
Midlands, UK
Anita is female  Anita has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2015, 09:17 AM

Oh I've left my keys in the door when ive been distracted by something just as I'm locking it. I did it when I went to the supermarket one day. I couldn't believe I'd just left them there but luckily nobody got into the house and what a relief to just have them back.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top