Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2015, 09:44 AM

Re: Would you have said anything?

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Saying something is usually pointless, it usually just unites the group in a slanging match, I find it best to make eye contact with one of the group, fix a pathetic smirk, and shake the head slowly from side to side, the silent message sometimes hits home.
Agree absolutely pointless - would not change a thing with these people
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2015, 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by BowieEyes ->
Terrible event to watch and in a way should you or shouldn't you say something kind of event. Probably it has happened before so maybe
a chat with whoever owns the escalator. Does it belong to Asda or
the carpark?? So if they come again someone in authority might be
there to see it. The trouble is if they can treat the dog like that now
what will happen to it in their retribution if anything is said. Dilemma.
An excellent idea BE. Perhaps they could be persuaded to place a a notice on the escalator 'Dogs must be carried'
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2015, 10:39 AM

I agree with Bowieeyes get the company to act and ban dogs unless carried. Speaking to the people would likely have no effect or they may take it out on the dog later - I have seen that happen before.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2015, 10:54 AM

It may be pointless to say anything but I would have had to say something, I wouldn´t be able to help myself. Normally there are plainly seen notices on or near escalators regarding carrying animals, small children etc. surely it is not wrong to point this out to such people.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2015, 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by clumsy ->
It may be pointless to say anything but I would have had to say something, I wouldn´t be able to help myself. Normally there are plainly seen notices on or near escalators regarding carrying animals, small children etc. surely it is not wrong to point this out to such people.
I wouldn't be able to help myself either! Grrr!
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2015, 08:46 PM

I am good with letters Mups.
Give me the address of the supermarket or the car park
I will let them know
Cant stand cruelty to animals.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2015, 08:59 PM

It may be on CCTV, you could report it to the RSPCA, pity you couldn't see which car they got into, but then the car park may also have cameras.
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2015, 10:05 PM

Me and a pooch would have been going home together.
I don't 'do' violence any more-but I remember how.
I don't g-a-s how humans treat each other.
But DON'T harm/ill-treat or hurt a pooch who's only crime is to love you.

Unconditionally.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2015, 11:54 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
An excellent idea BE. Perhaps they could be persuaded to place a a notice on the escalator 'Dogs must be carried'

That is good idea, Carol. I will speak to someone when I go in next week. It may not stop pig ignorant people like them, but it could give someone dealing with the problem, more 'power to their elbow,' if a formal warning notice was being ignored.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2015, 12:04 AM

Originally Posted by Twizard ->
It may be on CCTV, you could report it to the RSPCA, pity you couldn't see which car they got into, but then the car park may also have cameras.

They didn't have a car Twiz. They were just using Asda's as a short cut from the High Street, down the escalator, through the car park to the next road.
I kerb crawled up the road behind them for a while to see if they hurt the dog anymore, but they didn't. I was rather hoping I could see which house they went into, but I got to traffic lights and couldn't hold up the traffic and had to move on.
The trouble is nowadays, you never know if you'll get a knife in the ribs for speaking out of turn, and it was almost dark by then as well.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top