Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2015, 06:17 PM

Re: what's the best quality you've inherited.

Originally Posted by Grumblewagon ->
They f**k you up, your mum and dad.
They may not mean to, but they do.
They fill you with the faults they had
And add some extra, just for you.
Philip Larkin

That's what I inherited from them. The rest, I acquired from other people.

That's totally true and all came from my Mother.
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2015, 06:30 PM

My mother was a caring person, but she was brought up by a strict father and she was always saying do this, do that, be careful i was the one that couldn't breathe.. that's why i'm a nervous type of person. My son said i can tell who you got it from ha ha, because i say just the same to him...
My father was the opposite he could laugh and joke about anything and he was easy to get along with.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2015, 06:33 PM

I'm sorry I've brought back bad memories for some of you. I was hoping it would be a positive thread
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire

27-02-2015, 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by alice76 ->
I'm sorry I've brought back bad memories for some of you. I was hoping it would be a positive thread
It's all in the past, don't worry Alice
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2015, 07:24 PM

A love of writing and books from my father. Nothing from mum as far as I know.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2015, 07:37 PM

From my parents?-buggar all.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2015, 07:38 PM

I inherited, patience, compassion, and strenght of mind from my Mother, my Grandmother provided me with a sense of humour and honesty which helped me get through a few difficult times, I am eternally grateful to them both for that. My Dad was never around much when I was growing up, he was always in and out of hospital with TB, but he had a fine head of hair and I inherited that much from him.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2015, 08:47 PM

From My wonderful loving down to Earth Mum and Dad,..the ability to 'suss out arse lickers,brown nosers and those Folk who pretend to be what They are not'..ie.. those who try to fool Us all into thinking otherwise...and I'm not talking about Politicians this time!!
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2015, 08:51 PM

My Mum's artistic ability, resourceful inventive creativity from my Dad, he could make things out of nothing, if he didn't have something he would use something he did have to make things work, when he was in his eighties and full of arthritis, he moved a large wooden Wendy house from one side of his garden to the other by using fence posts as rollers!
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2015, 09:04 PM

From my grandparents-paternal Gran-my brains. Maternal Grandfather-how to play cribbage and how to shut up and wait-then pounce.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top