Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2021, 08:28 AM

Cyprus

Did you hear this week that Cyprus is willing to take Brit Tourists provided they can prove they have had the Covid Jab. Well, isn't that arrogant, who would travel to a place without checking ALL the locals had been vaccinated?
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2021, 09:05 AM

Re: Cyprus

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Did you hear this week that Cyprus is willing to take Brit Tourists provided they can prove they have had the Covid Jab. Well, isn't that arrogant, who would travel to a place without checking ALL the locals had been vaccinated?
I don't think it is arrogant, surely they are just trying to protect their own people & their country's economy.
I listened to a report that said many British people have already booked holidays in Cyprus. Lets hope they have all had their vaccinations, because if Cypriots haven't, the people who go there could easily bring another variant to the UK & create more problems here.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2021, 09:25 AM

I personally don't think anyone should go abroad this year, i'm sure people can wait another year.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2021, 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
I personally don't think anyone should go abroad this year, i'm sure people can wait another year.
It seems that some people find that impossible Susie! Mind you we could all visit EU countries as they are holding vaccines, which should have been sent to Australia, for their own use!
The problem there is, many British people may not be welcomed into the EU since Brexit!
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2021, 09:48 AM

I don't think that is arrogant I think that is absolutely sane and sensible. I also think that every country will probably follow suit. Indonesia has announced that they will be accepting tourists into Bali soon if they have had a covid vaccination.

If you don't like the policy you don't have to go.

Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2021, 10:00 AM

Apparently during the tourist season the population of Cyprus
consists of two thirds tourists ??
Makes sense to make sure they are healthy Spitty

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2021, 10:06 AM

I served in Cyprus in the late 60's and never wanted to come home, a beautiful country. Ironically I've never been back since, which one day I really must put right..
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2021, 10:10 AM

I think Splitty is being ironic

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
I agree Susie years ago no one had holidays abroad, when I was little Europe was in ruins and 'holiday flights' had not been invented, a day a the sea side was an aspiration for many.

What better way to support the UK economy this year than to have a holiday here this year
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2021, 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->

What better way to support the UK economy this year than to have a holiday here this year
Yes Meg, if can afford it! The way that prices are going it is going to be much cheaper to buy a package abroad than it is just to rent a cottage in Dorset!
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2021, 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
Yes Meg, if can afford it! The way that prices are going it is going to be much cheaper to buy a package abroad than it is just to rent a cottage in Dorset!
Wasn't that always so? Surely that is why British holiday resorts (like Folkestone where I grew up) virtually collapsed because of much cheaper holidays in Spain and France.

Because our borders are closed Australians are holidaying at home and the price of second hand caravans has gone through the roof. You often have to book camp sites - something almost unheard of outside long weekends.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top