Join for free
Page 4 of 32 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2016, 07:48 PM

Re: Flu jabs

I have never had the flu injection, l flatly refuse it!
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2016, 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Being diabetic or not in no way alters what the flu jab is and how effective or not it is.
Incorrect.
People with diabetes are more at risk of potentially serious complications of flu infections such as pneumonia. Elevated blood glucose levels, as a response to infection, can increase the risk of diabetic ketoacidosis (DKA) or Hyperglycaemic Hyperosmolar State (HHS), either of which can be potentially fatal.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2016, 08:16 PM

I just wondered... do Vegans refuse the flu injection as it contains eggs?
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2016, 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I just wondered... do Vegans refuse the flu injection as it contains eggs?
There are two flu vaccines that don't contain egg proteins approved for use in adults age 18 and older.
Pats
Lincolnshire

08-10-2016, 08:30 PM

The FACTS have been published, the work has already been done for you. You either listen to the facts or purposely choose to ignore them.

Sadly, you it seems are doing the latter.

Edited to add....I had mine on Thursday.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2016, 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by Pats ->
Incorrect.
No it isn't.

People with diabetes are more at risk of potentially serious complications of flu infections such as pneumonia.
Yep. Not my point though. The flu jab is the flu jab. What it is and what it contains is not affected by the health of the person it goes into.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2016, 08:56 PM

Sadly, you it seems are doing the latter.
Really. What facts are those then ?
Realist
Chatterbox
UK

08-10-2016, 09:17 PM

Further reading for those interested:

http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/855937_2

Flu Vaccine for All: A Critical Look at the Evidence

"The rationale for flu immunization as a national health priority is that influenza is a disease with serious complications, such as pneumonia, hospitalization, and death.[5,13,28] If the reason for influenza vaccination is that flu is such a serious disease, then the relevant outcomes are whether vaccination improves morbidity and mortality from flu. However, after decades of vaccine use, it is hard to detect any public health impact. This is in stark contrast to other routine vaccinations, such as polio and Haemophilus influenzae type b, where introduction of the vaccine led to obvious decline of the disease.

We are paediatricians, and we believe in childhood immunizations. Many vaccines have provided immense public health value. We simply question whether the policy of routine influenza vaccination has outpaced the data supporting its use.

Influenza vaccination now supersedes many other priorities of public health (such as obesity, illiteracy, and high school dropout), and we question whether so much time, effort, and money should be dedicated to flu vaccination while these other national healthcare priorities remain on the back burner."
Realist
Chatterbox
UK

08-10-2016, 09:20 PM

And another:

http://www.vaccinationcouncil.org/20...lly-brogan-md/

A Shot Never Worth Taking: The Flu Vaccine

"Tragically, we all know, now, of someone who has died from the flu vaccine, just this past week. CHANDLER WEBB, a healthy 19 year old, was given a “routine” and “recommended” flu vaccine at his physical, one day before he became violently ill, and one month before he died. He died from vaccine-induced encephalitis, a known risk of this intervention. In addition to feeling remorse for the pain that this family is experiencing, I feel rage for what I believe to be manslaughter. This is a medical intervention, delivered without any regard for its objectively determined lack of efficacy, and its potential to maim and kill healthy adults. "

"It doesn’t work: The Cochrane Database – an objective, gold-standard assessment of available evidence has plainly stated, in TWO STUDIES, that there is no data to support efficacy in children under two, and in adults. Even the former Chief Vaccine Officer at the FDA states: “there is no evidence that any influenza vaccine thus far developed is effective in preventing or mitigating any attack of influenza.” Liking the idea of being protected from the flu does not equate to being protected from the flu. That’s essentially what your vaccine-promoting doctor (or pharmacist) is engaging in – promoting an idea."
Pats
Lincolnshire

08-10-2016, 09:21 PM

Not my point though. The flu jab is the flu jab. What it is and what it contains is not affected by the health of the person it goes into.
The point is that the health of the person can be crucial in their need to be protected from contracting the flu by the protection that the vaccine gives them.

Page 4 of 32 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top