Join for free
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2017, 06:50 PM

Another one on my hit list....

Here in NL we have clear rules about dogs. A you MUST pick up after your dogs.
B, unless in an area clearly marked by a pole with a loose running dog on it dogs must be kept on the lead at all times.

This afternoon I walked Murphy to the local park with my daughter and as we walked in tow people with loose dogs came toward us a JRT and a poodle cross, the JRT growled the poodle snapped to bite and I just managed to pull Murphy back in time.

The JRT backed off and its owner caught it but the poodle came in for another shot and tried again. The owner grabbed it snapped on the lead and then carried on walking exclaiming loudly and somewhat sarcasticly 'he never does that' as if Murphy had somehow caused himself to be attacked.. Until then I had held my cool but that was it..

'Excuse me madam but would you mind owning the repsonsibilty for what just happened?
You can stand there and say your dog never does that but he just did.. Although if you had kept to the rules and had him on the lead it could have been avoided'.

She looked at me like a bit of s**t and said 'Ive walked my dog here for 6 years and I never have him on the lead'.. Then I got the talk to the hand sign....

I lost it...'oh well thats ok then but if you dont have to play by the rules nor do I and when I kick your skinny ar** in the lake you wont complain will you'?

She scuttled off but to give him credit the man with the JRT did walk after me and apologise.

Im sick of this, last week Murphy was snapped at 3 times by an off lead dog (same one each time) and it caught his lip and made it bleed.

For now Im going to be carrying the big golf umbrella.. I love dogs but Im not putting up with it anymore.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2017, 06:57 PM

Re: Another one on my hit list....

Originally Posted by Cass ->
Here in NL we have clear rules about dogs. A you MUST pick up after your dogs.
B, unless in an area clearly marked by a pole with a loose running dog on it dogs must be kept on the lead at all times.

This afternoon I walked Murphy to the local park with my daughter and as we walked in tow people with loose dogs came toward us a JRT and a poodle cross, the JRT growled the poodle snapped to bite and I just managed to pull Murphy back in time.

The JRT backed off and its owner caught it but the poodle came in for another shot and tried again. The owner grabbed it snapped on the lead and then carried on walking exclaiming loudly and somewhat sarcasticly 'he never does that' as if Murphy had somehow caused himself to be attacked.. Until then I had held my cool but that was it..

'Excuse me madam but would you mind owning the repsonsibilty for what just happened?
You can stand there and say your dog never does that but he just did.. Although if you had kept to the rules and had him on the lead it could have been avoided'.

She looked at me like a bit of s**t and said 'Ive walked my dog here for 6 years and I never have him on the lead'.. Then I got the talk to the hand sign....

I lost it...'oh well thats ok then but if you dont have to play by the rules nor do I and when I kick your skinny ar** in the lake you wont complain will you'?

She scuttled off but to give him credit the man with the JRT did walk after me and apologise.

Im sick of this, last week Murphy was snapped at 3 times by an off lead dog (same one each time) and it caught his lip and made it bleed.

For now Im going to be carrying the big golf umbrella.. I love dogs but Im not putting up with it anymore.
Good for you. it annoys me that these people give responsible dog owners a bad name, as if the rules don't apply to them. they are there for a reason.
Instead of the umbrella can I suggest a camera.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2017, 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Good for you. it annoys me that these people give responsible dog owners a bad name, as if the rules don't apply to them. they are there for a reason.
Instead of the umbrella can I suggest a camera.
No point we dont have dog wardens and the local council dont really care,,, I have 10 years and a whole lot more attitude than the woman ...
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2017, 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by Cass ->
No point we dont have dog wardens and the local council dont really care,,, I have 10 years and a whole lot more attitude than the woman ...
Umbrella it is then.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2017, 08:32 PM

Cass, I do so sympathise with you on this.

This sort of situation, and people like that make my blood boil too.
Good for you for telling the thoroughly irresponsible owner off.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2017, 09:13 PM

Well done cass I carry a walking stick duel purpose helps me walk and I can use it to protect my gentle girls.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top