Join for free
Page 552 of 754 « First < 52 452 502 542 550 551 552 553 554 562 602 652 > Last »
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2020, 10:34 AM

Re: Over 50's Club Scotland (part 3)

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
Morning, Dry here at the moment but OMG the humidity.
I decided if I want to remain on this forum then I'd better stay away from the Scots Haters and their bile, I'll stick to the more relaxing Threads.
Och They can rant away 'til They vomit it all up..I'm sick to death ignoring Their crap and...I've got all day.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2020, 10:46 AM

We're getting ready to head down to Perth to my place, Last thing I need to do at the moment is get mad then drive down the A9 for the 255 miles.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2020, 10:51 AM

We're getting ready to head down to Perth to my place, Last thing I need to do at the moment is get mad then drive down the A9 for the 255 miles.
Lol....don't get mad get even....just kidding...enjoy Your time away Roxy
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2020, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by May ->
Och They can rant away 'til They vomit it all up..I'm sick to death ignoring Their crap and...I've got all day.
Don't think everyone from 'down south' is like those you mention May as I can assure you we are not. I have an e-mail friend in Scotland who I regularly correspond with. My best friend, now sadly deceased, was Scottish and a nicer chap and family you could ever wish meet. I take people as I find them, irrespective of where they are from, until they prove otherwise. There are good and bad in everything and everywhere, that is how I look at it.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND

27-06-2020, 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
Don't think everyone from 'down south' is like those you mention May as I can assure you we are not. I have an e-mail friend in Scotland who I regularly correspond with. My best friend, now sadly deceased, was Scottish and a nicer chap and family you could ever meet. I take people as I find them, irrespective of where they are from, until they prove otherwise. There are good and bad in everything and everywhere, that is how I look at it.
Of course I don't Baz,hell half My Family live down South and My 2 Grandchildren are English...as I said I'm just sick to death with not speaking up when I should have,that's all.
after all I'm a Patriotic Scot and I won't let Anyone take Me or My Country down.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2020, 10:58 AM

Baz, we know most people down south are great, it's just a nasty clique that's sprung up on here who are determined to cause hassle to anyone from Scotland. Why they hate us so much I really don't understand, but it's their problem not ours and it shows them up in their true and racist colours as far as I'm concerned.
Baz46
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2020, 11:13 AM

Of course I don't Baz,hell half My Family live down South and My 2 Grandchildren are English...as I said I'm just sick to death with not speaking up when I should have,that's all.
after all I'm a Patriotic Scot and I won't let Anyone take Me or My Country down.
I can fully understand how you feel May, I too get sick of some of what is posted. My way though is to ignore it, although I do see what you mean about being patriotic.

Baz, we know most people down south are great, it's just a nasty clique that's sprung up on here who are determined to cause hassle to anyone from Scotland. Why they hate us so much I really don't understand, but it's their problem not ours and it shows them up in their true and racist colours as far as I'm concerned.
As my reply to May above Roxy, and also the reason for this I don't understand either. I had an example of this myself not so long ago, a neighbour who is Scottish 'did the dirty on me' big time and in describing this to someone I know, the comment was made "the Scots are like that". My reply was that I don't go along with that as I have not met every Scottish person and neither have you so how can you make such a comment?" I will not continue with what was then said as I did the same at that time as I would at any other, ignore all that and as you rightly said, it's that person's problem and not mine.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND

27-06-2020, 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
I can fully understand how you feel May, I too get sick of some of what is posted. My way though is to ignore it, although I do see what you mean about being patriotic.

As my reply to May above Roxy, and also the reason for this I don't understand either. I had an example of this myself not so long ago, a neighbour who is Scottish 'did the dirty on me' big time and in describing this to someone I know, the comment was made "the Scots are like that". My reply was that I don't go along with that as I have not met every Scottish person and neither have you so how can you make such a comment?" I will not continue with what was then said as I did the same at that time as I would at any other, ignore all that and as you rightly said, it's that person's problem and not mine.
Fair enough Baz,but when You keep ignoring a problem like this,They just keep doing it,even when I've reported nasty anti Scottish posts in the past it just gets ignored...too many decent Scots have left this site because of it..hence My stance Today.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.

27-06-2020, 11:31 AM

I'm glad you answered about your neighbour as you did Baz, yes there are bad people in Scotland, but there are bad in England, Ireland and Wales too. All over the world, everywhere you go there's a section of bad and troublemakers. I judge the person by his/her actions not the whole race. AND I certainly don't lump you in with the clique.
Baz46

27-06-2020, 11:54 AM

Fair enough Baz,but when You keep ignoring a problem like this,They just keep doing it,even when I've reported nasty anti Scottish posts in the past it just gets ignored...too many decent Scots have left this site because of it..hence My stance Today.
Yes I know May and I also possibly realise why it's like it is, both 'sides' have probably been indoctrinated into this. It is very much like the racism problems now so evident, the fighting between different football team supporters, the Protestant / Catholic divide in Ireland, and I believe also in Scotland. The hatred some people show towards all Germans, although today's young Germans were not responsible for what happened in the War.

I have close family who as children used to happily play with mixed-race children, they used to walk home from school together holding hands, as children do. However, as the mixed-race children grew into older children and then young adults all this changed and 'not so nice comments' were made. By the mixed-race youngsters I have to add and not by my close family members.

The same with an experiment in Ireland when children were brought up without the distinction of being either Catholic or Protestant. All was fine until they grew up into older children and young adults then the problems started, just as with my earlier example of mixed-race children.

All this seems to be almost tribal and unfortunately as such I cannot see it ever stopping, it causes so many problems and in my opinion, many people without realising this, actually lose out over it.

Perhaps I should also post this on the thread re: Glasgow stabbings? On second thoughts though, I've just had a quick look, maybe that might not be a good idea.

Page 552 of 754 « First < 52 452 502 542 550 551 552 553 554 562 602 652 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top