Join for free
Page 554 of 754 « First < 54 454 504 544 552 553 554 555 556 564 604 654 > Last »
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2020, 05:08 PM

Re: Over 50's Club Scotland (part 3)

Ok May....Haste Ye Back.
Beki
Edinburgh, Scotland
Beki is female  Beki has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2020, 06:52 PM

Hi all. Weather much the same with me, dry this morning, some rain & a bit heavy at times in the afternoon. It is a bit chillier May but haven't resorted to turning the thermostat up. I don't actually put the heating OFF at all. Just allow it to come on if the temperature falls below the usual 'comfortable' level. Sorry your feeling some pain May. The damp weather won't help either. Don't stay away too long. I've just found you talking my language & we need all the voices of reason that we can find these days. Virtual 'marches' - the mind boggles. Have a good evening.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2020, 08:16 AM

Morning, Got drenched again this morning when out with the dog, so much for summer. I try not to look at the lawns as they are now really long and aren't drying out enough for them to be cut. Sheeeeze.
Lot to do today, got a hospital appointment, and have to go into town. Have a nice day.
valentinojess
largs, scotland
valentinojess is female  valentinojess has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2020, 11:10 AM

Good morning ladies and Baz. May sorry to hear your in pain with typing on the laptop. Beki I only the heating at this time of year if its really cold. Roxy you'll be looking forward to going home for a wee break. It never stopped raining yesterday but I did manage a walk. I hate Sundays when their is nothing to do. Housework and then a bit of shopping.
Beki
Edinburgh, Scotland
Beki is female  Beki has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2020, 02:53 PM

Good afternoon all. I hope this isn't the 'end of summer'. I have enjoyed having the time & inclination to get the garden under control and not having to plan around the weather. Maybe we're just getting a wee break from all of that tiring heat! It's been raining all day with some wind as well. A bit chillier too. I tackled a job I'd put off for ages, scanning old photos. This isn't the bulk of my old photos but some of my parents and siblings which I want to send to them. The next bit is checking how they have scanned & moving them to the external hard drive after I email them. Weather not looking too good for the next couple of weeks (hope they've got that wrong) so I will have plenty of time for indoor pursuits I think. Enjoy your day.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2020, 08:20 AM

Good Morning Roxy,Jessie,Beki,& Baz,back on briefly to see how the wrist/thumb works..I use a sock filled with rice which I put in the microwave for 1 minute or so then leave it on the painful joint 'til it cools,then apply a frozen pack of peas,alternate a few times a day and it usually does the trick.

I'm happy to see the R number for covid19 in Scotland is between 0.6 & 0.8 so can only hope it keeps going down...would hate to have to go into lockdown again after a taste of freedom!

Weather's cloudy with more threat of rain here but not as chilly as the last couple of days...see Ye A' later.xx
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2020, 08:48 AM

Good morning from ‘out in the rural sticks’ here 'down south' to all of you in Scotland.

Hope the pain in your wrist May improves, I see you use a laptop and also mention pain in your neck and shoulder so wonder if bad posture is causing strain when using it. I've been on computers and keyboards for the last 40 years and always had it drummed into me the importance of good posture to avoid RSI. Also looking after my eyesight by not continually looking at a screen, the way to avoid this is to every few minutes just glance over the top of the screen at something in the distance, that prevents the eye muscles from being strained.

Anyway to the weather – it's overcast here 'down south'. A dry and bright morning with light outbreaks of light rain or drizzle this afternoon is the forecast. Maximum temperature 20ºC.

Plenty to choose from for what to do today. Always some task, mundane or otherwise to do though.

Enjoy your day everybody, whatever you may be doing.
valentinojess
largs, scotland
valentinojess is female  valentinojess has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2020, 09:27 AM

Good morning ladies and Baz. May I think we all have our own way with dealing in pain. Beki I must admit I'm missing the sunshine. Baz I have the joy of waiting for the engineer to service the boiler today. I never went in any of the shops yesterday to see what they are like. I'll wait a few days and see how I feel.
Beki
Edinburgh, Scotland

30-06-2020, 10:25 AM

Good morning all. It is a bit cloudy but really quite warm. Maybe that was because I dropped the car at the garage for a service & walked home (2 miles). I will walk back to collect it around lunchtime. Hope the rain stays away. I won't be rushing to shop as everywhere will be busy at first. Neither do I need or want anything. I'm fortunate that family shops for me so I just pop out for a change of scenery from time to time. I know what you mean about eye strain Baz. I spend so long on my laptop at times that I have blurred vision. Blinking also helps as we tend not to blink when concentrating on the screen. Have a good day.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.

30-06-2020, 11:10 AM

Morning, Started off nice n sunny and I did a wash and pegged it out......Mistake. I'm belting in n out the back door to see if the rains on or off, don't want to have to do it all again. Been watching some of the Janey Godley vids of Nicola's daily updates, man they are a scream.

Page 554 of 754 « First < 54 454 504 544 552 553 554 555 556 564 604 654 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top