Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2020, 10:05 PM

photo problems

Just can't seem to get things photographicly acceptable to me at the moment. Even this seems wrong but can't fathom out how to make it better
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2020, 10:23 PM

Re: photo problems

I think the background is too dark for my liking
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2020, 10:43 PM

Mags I understand what your talking about, so what about this
I have made the background a little bit lighter, not much though

the problem is what is called "noise" (looks like rough sandpaper) starts showing in the background if it gets lightened too much. Also I think if it gets lightened too much the impact of the rose lessen
gasman
Kent, UK
gasman is male  gasman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2020, 11:02 PM

Not perfect I know, but a very quick edit in Lightroom
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2020, 09:08 AM

The way the photo is, it kind of looks like a demonstration in depth of field. Not being too knowledgeable about that aspect of photography, I think I'd have gone in more on the rose and let the background do what it will.

Whether the background is in or out of focus, the viewer's eye will be drawn to the rose and its detail. The background won't play much of a part in the photo ..unless there is too much of it as there is in this case.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2020, 09:26 AM

I agree with Mart & Gasman's edit has made the rose more eye catching!
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

03-07-2020, 09:55 AM

It would have been polite to ask first if I would allow my photo to be edited.

Just for future information, the copywrite belongs to the photographer and permission should be sought before use
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2020, 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
It would have been polite to ask first if I would allow my photo to be edited
By the title of your thread RS, I assumed you wanted members respond with suggestions and help.

I remember you editing one of my photos a few years ago.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2020, 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
By the title of your thread RS, I assumed you wanted members respond with suggestions and help.

That is what I though too Mags!

RS, if you tell people on this forum that you have got something wrong, I have always found other lovely members want to help. If you don't want their help I can't see the point in telling us about it!
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

03-07-2020, 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by Mags ->

Mags
yes and I have to say sorry I too should have asked first but at the time I was not aware of the law. Never done it since to the best of my knowledge

I was just making a point of how to be polite on a forum regarding use of a photo by other persons.

Legal point worth noting

It is not unusual that prosecutions can cost an offender a lot of money if taken to court over breach of copywrite even with photos

This is why I am very reluctant to post any more photos
Other site under the name and avator have if they allow editing or not

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top