Join for free
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2020, 08:20 AM

Front and back tan.

It's one of three youngsters with dad still feeding them.

mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2020, 08:46 AM

Re: Front and back tan.

Nice photos caricature. Lots of detail. Come to think of it, I haven't seen any fledgling blackbirds in the garden this year.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2020, 09:34 AM

Lovely photos Caricature, it even posed for you!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2020, 10:51 AM

Nice sharp photos there Caricature. We've had a blackbird nesting in our Hollybush this year. Been great watching the two of them bringing in building materials and food.....
marciniak
wales uk
marciniak is male  marciniak has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2020, 11:13 AM

I wish, but no matter how much I've tried taking similar pictures, either the dog intervenes, but just as I'm about to press..... the Bird, squirrel or what ever has gone.

But on the bright side, I have lots of pictures of trees, bushes and branches to post in the gardening section.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2020, 04:54 PM

I haven't seen any baby blackbirds this year but this adult female visits regularly. She has become very bold now. She sunbathes on the lawn, uses the bird bath and just generally hangs around in garden for ages while I'm out there. I think she knows she is safe and doesn't fly away when I move around.

She can even be called over to within a few feet if I quietly imitate (as near as possible) that 'tutting' sound that blackbirds make. I think she has associated that sound with food being put down. Her mate comes into the garden with her but won't get as close as she does.

gasman
Kent, UK
gasman is male  gasman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2020, 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by caricature ->
It's one of three youngsters with dad still feeding them.

Nice shots mate and we had a couple in our garden too - lovely to see
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2020, 08:28 PM

Very nice, Caricature.
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2020, 08:49 PM

There's a Wrens nest in the Hedge between us and a neighbour,can I get a picture of the birds going in with beaks of food,can I hell as like.They must be close to fledging I can hear them tweeting away now.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top