Join for free
Page 13 of 16 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 > Last »
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2017, 02:20 PM

Re: The Irish Border Problem

Originally Posted by Mountaintop ->
Yes. He did. And why wouldn't he? He is acting in the best interests of the Irish Republic. The British would do the same if the roles were reversed. That is politics. Oh, I get it, you're annoyed that we didn't do what you wanted. That's politics, not personal. The tone of your post is anger that someone is doing something that is in their best interests, not yours. Most people would call that healthy politics, but you say how dare us and there will be a price to pay.
So I stand by my comment, there is no substance to your comment.

We're not all 'Little Englanders' over here matey, some of us have internationalist credentials.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2017, 02:28 PM

Traitorous credentials do you mean ?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2017, 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
I knew nothing of that referendum, it wasn't obviously well publicised this side of the Irish Sea, but given the passage of time subsequently, is it not reasonable to ask the Northern Irish population whether, in order to resolve the 'border issue' once and for all, whether they would like re-unification with Eire.
You mean like the EU referenda, where you keep having another one until they vote the way you want?
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2017, 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Traitorous credentials do you mean ?
Originally Posted by JBR ->
You mean like the EU referenda, where you keep having another one until they vote the way you want?

See what I mean matey - because I happen to support a united Ireland, I'm classed as a 'traitor, - well so be it!!! 'little englanders' can go elsewhere to urinate.
Mountaintop
Ireland, Meath
Mountaintop is male  Mountaintop has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2017, 03:39 PM

See what I mean matey - because I happen to support a united Ireland, I'm classed as a 'traitor, - well so be it!!! 'little englanders' can go elsewhere to urinate.
By the way, I support you in that. But by peaceful means. I mean, can you imagine, if the scenario was reversed and Ireland had historically occupied Devon and Cornwall say. Which wouldn't happen because Britain would have invaded and kicked us out years ago. But if say they didn't/couldn't and today a part of the UK mainland was Irish. Can you imagine the uproar! The people now against Irish unification would be demanding the unification of the UK.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2017, 04:08 PM

But nationality comes down to people not geography surely? How many countries are there in, say, Africa. Using the same argument of geography then, shouldn't they be unified? While ever the majority wish to remain as a separate nation shouldn't that stance be respected and really why should we, who live in another country altogether, even pontificate on the matter?
Mountaintop
Ireland, Meath
Mountaintop is male  Mountaintop has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2017, 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
But nationality comes down to people not geography surely? How many countries are there in, say, Africa. Using the same argument of geography then, shouldn't they be unified? While ever the majority wish to remain as a separate nation shouldn't that stance be respected and really why should we, who live in another country altogether, even pontificate on the matter?
Yes. Agree. Perfectly summed up.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

08-12-2017, 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by Mountaintop ->
By the way, I support you in that. But by peaceful means. I mean, can you imagine, if the scenario was reversed and Ireland had historically occupied Devon and Cornwall say. Which wouldn't happen because Britain would have invaded and kicked us out years ago. But if say they didn't/couldn't and today a part of the UK mainland was Irish. Can you imagine the uproar! The people now against Irish unification would be demanding the unification of the UK.
Great parts of Africa were divided into 'nations' by arrogant, ignorant imperialists without taking into consideration different tribal boundaries.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2017, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
Absolutely !
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

08-12-2017, 06:00 PM

Yes I think you are guilty of being disloyal to the country that you live in and that supports you in sickness and in health.

Page 13 of 16 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top