Join for free
Page 9 of 11 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 >
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2018, 12:44 PM

Re: Macron and Fisheries

Originally Posted by itsme ->
It's not about starving people in to submission and your rather over alarming submission that it causes suicide.

Its about getting these kind of lazy bastards up off the couch and not being a drain on the benefits system, unlike immigrants who made a NET contribution of £4.7 billion pounds in 2017 to the UK economy.

Perhaps you could suggest an alternative, NO, you just enjoy finding fault in other peoples suggestions.
Have you missed all the cases of suicide caused by sanctions ? It's been a dreadful time for many.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2018, 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by itsme ->
It's not about starving people in to submission and your rather over alarming submission that it causes suicide.

Its about getting these kind of lazy bastards up off the couch and not being a drain on the benefits system, unlike immigrants who made a NET contribution of £4.7 billion pounds in 2017 to the UK economy.

Perhaps you could suggest an alternative, NO, you just enjoy finding fault in other peoples suggestions.

If, as you state there are no suicidesa or attempted suicides of claimants in receipt of Universal Credit, why then were the Department of Work & Pension mforced to apologise to the relatives of claimants???

As a former founder member of a neighbourhood Law Centre, I concur with what Julie has stated and know of some cases of this too. So how about you getting off your back-side and doing some of the research too!!!

https://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/ne...de-of-claimant
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2018, 01:00 PM

Hi

I am nobody's idiot.

I have spent days getting through to the DWP, hanging on for over an hour at times.

I am trying again today, I can understand why some just give up.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2018, 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I am nobody's idiot.

I have spent days getting through to the DWP, hanging on for over an hour at times.

I am trying again today, I can understand why some just give up.
Hope you get through swim, some can't hang on that long and as you say some give up.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2018, 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Have you missed all the cases of suicide caused by sanctions ? It's been a dreadful time for many.
Suicide occurs throughout the world, affecting individuals of all nations, cultures, religions, genders and classes. In fact, statistics show that the countries with the highest suicide rates in the world are incredibly diverse. For example, among the top five are the south Indian island nation of*Sri Lanka*(35.3 suicides per 100k),*South Korea*in east*Asia(28.3 suicides per 100k) and the eastern European country of*Lithuania(32.7 suicides per 100k). A number of other eastern European countries have high suicide rates, including*Belarus,*Poland*and*Latvia, all at around 22 suicides per 100k.

In contrast, the only western European nation with a particularly high suicide rate is*Belgium, which ranks at number fifteen with 20.5 suicides per 100k. However, it is worth noting that Belgium has some of the world's most liberal laws on doctor-assisted suicide, which is likely to be a factor in its statistics. Interestingly, the country of*Bhutan, which is famous for measuring Gross National Happiness, an index used to measure the collective happiness and wellbeing of its population, has a relatively high suicide rate at 11.7 per 100k.

Perhaps surprisingly, many of the most troubled nations in the world have comparatively low suicide rates.*Afghanistan*has 5.5 suicides per 100k,*Iraq*has three and*Syria*has just 2.7. It is not clear if the suicide statistics for these countries reflect suicides committed due to mental health problems and terminal illnesses (which are the primary reasons for suicide in most of the world), or if they also include suicides committed as part of the ongoing conflicts in these countries.

The lowest suicide rates in the world are concentrated in the*CaribbeanIslands of the*Bahamas,*Jamaica,*Grenada,*Barbados*and Antigua and Barbuda. Suicide is almost unheard of in each of these countries, with Grenada and Barbados reporting 0.5 and 0.4 suicides per 100k, respectively.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2018, 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
The suicide rate of 10.1 deaths per 100,000 population recorded by the Office for National Statistics (ONS) in 2017 is the lowest since the organisation began recording data on suicide in the United Kingdom in 1981. In 1981 the ONS recorded the UK suicide rate as 14.7 deaths per 100,000.

seems to be declining in the period you were in the EU. No causal relation of course
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2018, 01:37 PM

Not sure how DWP or universal credit is linked to the EU. If anything our austerity measures could increase post Brexit. Anarchy and revolution won't improve mental health...
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2018, 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
The suicide rate of 10.1 deaths per 100,000 population recorded by the Office for National Statistics (ONS) in 2017 is the lowest since the organisation began recording data on suicide in the United Kingdom in 1981. In 1981 the ONS recorded the UK suicide rate as 14.7 deaths per 100,000.

seems to be declining in the period you were in the EU. No causal relation of course
Hi

Solasch, you can quote as many facts as you like, but you do not live here and so have no idea of the problems many face.

The Customer Service from the DWP is utterly appalling.

Hours on the phone before someone picks up and even then it is a nightmare.

I moved house in August, notified them in writing and, knowing what they are like, got proof of delivery.

They are still writing to me at my old address and have halved my Winter Fuel Allowance because the new owner is over 65 so gets his allowance.

I have to wait until March for a decision.

The person I spoke to was unable to record my new address, that is a different section.

My car is registered here, my driving licence is registered here

My Government Injury Pension is registered here.

The system is a complete nightmare.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2018, 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Suicide occurs throughout the world, affecting individuals of all nations, cultures, religions, genders and classes. In fact, statistics show that the countries with the highest suicide rates in the world are incredibly diverse. For example, among the top five are the south Indian island nation of*Sri Lanka*(35.3 suicides per 100k),*South Korea*in east*Asia(28.3 suicides per 100k) and the eastern European country of*Lithuania(32.7 suicides per 100k). A number of other eastern European countries have high suicide rates, including*Belarus,*Poland*and*Latvia, all at around 22 suicides per 100k.

In contrast, the only western European nation with a particularly high suicide rate is*Belgium, which ranks at number fifteen with 20.5 suicides per 100k. However, it is worth noting that Belgium has some of the world's most liberal laws on doctor-assisted suicide, which is likely to be a factor in its statistics. Interestingly, the country of*Bhutan, which is famous for measuring Gross National Happiness, an index used to measure the collective happiness and wellbeing of its population, has a relatively high suicide rate at 11.7 per 100k.

Perhaps surprisingly, many of the most troubled nations in the world have comparatively low suicide rates.*Afghanistan*has 5.5 suicides per 100k,*Iraq*has three and*Syria*has just 2.7. It is not clear if the suicide statistics for these countries reflect suicides committed due to mental health problems and terminal illnesses (which are the primary reasons for suicide in most of the world), or if they also include suicides committed as part of the ongoing conflicts in these countries.

The lowest suicide rates in the world are concentrated in the*CaribbeanIslands of the*Bahamas,*Jamaica,*Grenada,*Barbados*and Antigua and Barbuda. Suicide is almost unheard of in each of these countries, with Grenada and Barbados reporting 0.5 and 0.4 suicides per 100k, respectively.

Could the reason for the higher suicide rates in Belgium be because they're still in the EU???
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

03-12-2018, 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Solasch, you can quote as many facts as you like, but you do not live here and so have no idea of the problems many face.

The Customer Service from the DWP is utterly appalling.

Hours on the phone before someone picks up and even then it is a nightmare.

I moved house in August, notified them in writing and, knowing what they are like, got proof of delivery.

They are still writing to me at my old address and have halved my Winter Fuel Allowance because the new owner is over 65 so gets his allowance.

I have to wait until March for a decision.

The person I spoke to was unable to record my new address, that is a different section.

My car is registered here, my driving licence is registered here

My Government Injury Pension is registered here.

The system is a complete nightmare.
Sorry to disappoint you, but what you describe sounds very familiar. One of our most popular tv-programmes is a satirical called: can't be true. Every week one hour filled with examples like you describe. So hilarious it makes you wanna cry.

Page 9 of 11 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top