Join for free
Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2018, 09:25 AM

Re: Ex Smokers???

Originally Posted by Moli ->
How many do we have on here?? I gave up just over 2 years ago, and find more and more I am becoming intolerant with smokers...

I gave up over 20 yrs ago,I can not stand the smell,I can tell most people who smoke,just by standing next to them,and to think I used to smell like that,yuck!!..I was determined to give up,when I saw my aunty die,of lung cancer,caused through smoking,she was only sixty.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2018, 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
I see nothing wrong in having had a few cigarettes during a set back - don't berate yourself, just smoke the remaining nes then quit again.
I agree.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2018, 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I am so stressed out about mu son that I started smoking again last night.
If it helps with the stress , go for it Swims and don't feel bad about it.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2018, 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by morticia ->
if it helps with the stress , go for it swims and don't feel bad about it.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2018, 03:19 PM

Hiya Longy
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2018, 04:13 PM

I smoke, I have tried quitting.
I gave up before.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England

16-12-2018, 04:22 PM

I'm considering trying to start again ... even though I really don't fancy a fag anymore.
I've just quit and my abused lungs are fighting back. I've had to go to the doctors and ended up with an inhaler and steroids.
Sometimes quitting might not be the most sensible option.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2018, 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
I'm considering trying to start again ... even though I really don't fancy a fag anymore.
I've just quit and my abused lungs are fighting back. I've had to go to the doctors and ended up with an inhaler and steroids.
Sometimes quitting might not be the most sensible option.

Morti, how can no fags put you on an inhaler and steroids?

I really think you would regret it going back now, even more so why you are needing an inhaler. I bet your chest will clear up quicker without the fags to irritate your airways.

Does Mr. M smoke, is that what is making it harder for you?

You have done so well these past few weeks, don't give up now gal.
Hope you feel better soon.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England

16-12-2018, 05:05 PM

My lungs are fighting back and trying to clear out Mups ...

I couldn't breath Wednesday night so trotted off to the Doc's first thing Thursday morning ... stopping every 4 steps to gasp in air.

She said it's the cilia (little hairs in lungs). For the last week my chest had started to feel a little tight.

The inhaler is great though They're wonderful little gadgets and life savers.
I'm not sure whether this is just temporary or not but if I'd known I'd have thought twice about quitting.
It does back up my own view though that you can't cheat the Reaper. Once a smoker, a longterm smoker like me, with damaged lungs ... quitting makes no difference.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2018, 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
My lungs are fighting back and trying to clear out Mups ...

I couldn't breath Wednesday night so trotted off to the Doc's first thing Thursday morning ... stopping every 4 steps to gasp in air.

She said it's the cilia (little hairs in lungs). For the last week my chest had started to feel a little tight.

The inhaler is great though They're wonderful little gadgets and life savers.
I'm not sure whether this is just temporary or not but if I'd known I'd have thought twice about quitting.
It does back up my own view though that you can't cheat the Reaper. Once a smoker, a longterm smoker like me, with damaged lungs ... quitting makes no difference.

But Morti, doesn't that problem show it was caused by the smoking, and not because you managed to stop?
Starting again will make it worse still, surely?

You sure you haven't got a chocolate wedged?

Sorry Morti, was that in bad taste, only pulling your leg, you know that. x

Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top