Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2015, 10:43 PM

Raw Milk

A new step in my campaign to identify and cut out "poison foods" in my diet began today. I found my nearest supplier of Raw Unprocessed Milk and bought 4 pints !

Tasted just fine and I can now cut out the awful stuff sold in supermarkets. Here's what one of many articles says about standard pasteurised milk:

"Pasteurisation does the following:

Reduces enzyme content to a mere 10% of original levels,

Denatures proteins, rendering them ineffective as the building blocks of life,

Causes a 66% loss of fat soluble vitamins A, D, E and K (Vitamin D is vital for calcium absorption!)

Upto a 50% reduction in vitamin C content,

Making calcium insoluble, not allowing the body to process the mineral that helps to build bone density and structure.

After pasteurisation there’s Standardisation, breaking down milk and then remaking it but just without all those fats, these are put to one side to bring in bigger profits from butter, cream and ice cream. Instead the creamy texture of milk is created using milk powder.

In other articles I read that standard dairy cows are kept pregnant through the use of hormones and other nasties, a percentage of which ends up in the milk ! ewww!

Dishearteningly, the "powers that be" are doing their utmost to stop the likes of you and me from having this healthy nutritious resource of Nature. In the UK the Gov't has tried a few times to get the sale of raw milk banned but so far opposition to that has prevailed. In Scotland sadly people don't have a choice, it's sale is banned there.

This is the war that is going on by the corrupt elite to poison and kill off the populous and keep them in a state of poor health and short life. Bad milk, bad bread, stupid levels of poisoning sugar in just about every readily available product, lots of salt, lots of chemicals and the introduction of GM foods that have been shown to produce tumours in rats.

Has anyone else out there made the switch to gold old raw unpasteurised milk? Funny how we all drank it at school and at home for years and years without problem. How did we ever lose it?!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2015, 10:49 PM

Re: Raw Milk

Nothing quite so nice a milk straight from the cow! Have you thought about Buffalo Milk? :-

http://www.laverstokepark.co.uk/buffalo-milk.aspx

Tastes delicious.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2015, 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Nothing quite so nice a milk straight from the cow! Have you thought about Buffalo Milk? :-

http://www.laverstokepark.co.uk/buffalo-milk.aspx

Tastes delicious.
I'm afraid it's "No Dice" there Silver Tabby. I looked through the link you provided and searched for the tell-tale clues as to how their Buffalo Milk is treated. It was a bad sign that their own web-site didn't identify it. However the site did say that it is sold in Waitrose stores. It seemed highly unlikely that Raw Unpasteurised milk would be sold in supermarkets so I took a look at the Waitrose site. . .

Voila ! Buffalo Milk is pasteurised

http://www.waitrose.com/shop/Product...d+buffalo+milk

Shame as it sounded interesting.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2015, 11:06 PM

Sorry about that, Realspeed.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK

21-03-2015, 11:16 PM

Hey no problem ! When you mentioned Buffalo's I immediately assumed you must be in the USA ! Had no idea there were buffalo in the UK (aside from zoos!). It would have been really interesting to try Buffalo milk !
Cheers anyway

p.s. I love that you are a Tolkein fan
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2015, 11:56 PM

I said all about my experiences with raw milk back in the Health thread a week or two back. I only had my raw goats milk for many years.
The fact is though, whether it's raw, pasteurised, sterilised or whatever-ised, adults do not even need milk. The same as adult animals don't either.
It was 'designed' to be a nourishing liquid food for infants because they can't digest anything else. Once we have been weaned and can digest solid food, we do not even need milk, least of all an animals milk! Would you drink bitch's milk? I wouldn't, so why cows/buffalo/sheep/goats etc then?
Each species needs their own type of milk to thrive. Milk replacer for lambs is not the same ingredients as milk replacer for puppies for example and would not do well on it. We're the same. We were born to digest human's milk - not animals milk, that is for their species.
I haven't got any milk replacer feeds nowadays, but if I had I could quote you of the ingredients and protein levels of each, and they are not all the same.

Crazy when you think about it. Farmers get the cows pregnant over and over again to make them produce milk and calves. But the poor calves can't have their mothers milk because us greedy humans pinch it instead. The traumatised calf get snatched away from his Mum incase he drinks what was naturally his in the first place, not ours, and stuck onto an artificial powdered substitute, never seeing his mother again. All so we can have their milk!
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2015, 12:07 AM

That reminded me of someone at work who's grandfather had a farm and they drank milk straight from the cow when they were younger. He's never drank milk since.......he thought it was disgusting.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK

22-03-2015, 12:24 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Each species needs their own type of milk to thrive. . . We're the same. We were born to digest human's milk - not animals milk
At face value this thinking seems to make sense but when you think about it, life all over the planet survives and thrives by consuming products from other species.

Bees consume pollen/nectar from plants. Pollen is one of the purest and richest natural foods, containing all of the nutritional requirements of a honey bee: sugar, carbohydrates, protein, enzymes, vitamins and minerals. Nectar is a sweet fluid found in flowers. Honey bees collect nectar and convert it to honey.

Many animals will raid nests and eat the eggs of various types of birds. They provide good nutrition. It's the same for us.

Humans have been drinking the milk of animals since they were put here. It contains lots of useful enzymes and proteins, as well as vitamins, minerals and acids. That is, provided is hasn't been pasteurised, cremated and had all that goodness destroyed !
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2015, 12:26 AM

I used to love my bottle of milk at primary school .
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2015, 12:49 AM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
At face value this thinking seems to make sense but when you think about it, life all over the planet survives and thrives by consuming products from other species.

Bees consume pollen/nectar from plants. Pollen is one of the purest and richest natural foods, containing all of the nutritional requirements of a honey bee: sugar, carbohydrates, protein, enzymes, vitamins and minerals. Nectar is a sweet fluid found in flowers. Honey bees collect nectar and convert it to honey.

Many animals will raid nests and eat the eggs of various types of birds. They provide good nutrition. It's the same for us.

Humans have been drinking the milk of animals since they were put here. It contains lots of useful enzymes and proteins, as well as vitamins, minerals and acids. That is, provided is hasn't been pasteurised, cremated and had all that goodness destroyed !

We still don't NEED it to survive once we have been weaned, that's the point I was making. You certainly couldn't feed cows milk to a baby either. Even in some adults it causes excess mucous and catarrh.
Would you be happy drinking human milk as an adult?
I certainly couldn't, yet we think nothing of drinking animal milk.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top