Join for free
Page 4 of 28 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2018, 05:17 PM

Re: Gina Miller Poking her Nose in again !!

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

We are not in Schengen,

We allow more immigrants from outside the EU.

We can stop sending Child Benefits abroad, most EU Countries do not do this, we chose too.

Cameron could have just stopped it, instead he went and asked for permission, which established a precedent.

We give out Benefits like toffee to EU Immigrants, EU workers in other EU Countries find them far harder to get.

We could change our Benefits System to that of France, we choose not too.
Even more reason to leave, our politicians are useless we need to be able to see that, not let them blame anyone else.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2018, 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by Fogey ->
So Schengen is what, exactly

Control of Welfare? How is it we can't stop immigrants claiming for their children even though they are living out of this country? Answer: European law
We are not in schengen!

We can control welfare. There are rules but the government does not make the most of them because it's easier to pay everyone rather than check entitlement. It's all our problem.
Fogey
Shropshire
Fogey is male  Fogey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2018, 06:11 PM

Due to EU rules on free movement of people, the UK must admit EU citizens and their family members, unless there is some indication (perhaps in the Schengen Information System) that they are wanted persons or that they are using stolen passports.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2018, 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by Fogey ->
Due to EU rules on free movement of people, the UK must admit EU citizens and their family members, unless there is some indication (perhaps in the Schengen Information System) that they are wanted persons or that they are using stolen passports.
No we don't have to allow people without a job indefinite leave to remain if they have no job after 3 months. We should not have homeless EU nationals on our street. People from the EU who don't satisfy residency rules should show their E111 before receiving free healthcare. I could go on. We are not implementing rules. It's our choice and that's also why we have so many non eu migrants on benefits etc.

The question is how is brexit necessary or able to fix these issues when we have ignored our ability to fix all these years. Why do you think there is a camp at Calais? Because France does not mess about!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2018, 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
we don't swear but we do use other odd words instead and Gina Miller has been heard during the redecorating of our lounge.several times
That made me laugh Half sister to Gordon Bennet no doubt
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2018, 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Really? I thought you were just quoting Dad's Army.
Do you really think that helps anything, or do you just want to make it obvious to the World how stupid you are?
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2018, 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
That's a result of the bexit vote and years of tory austerity. We should be booming now because Europe is in growth. Now companies cannot recruit and face an uncertain future. It's a deliberate attempt by some to lead us to ruin and bring in a communist style state.
Did it pass you by the way the unelected EU fascistocrats treated Spain, Greece & Portugal.

Are you not aware of the unemployment rates in most of the EU?

The Brexit voters are just like you, Annie. They voted for the system most likely to benefit them directly and personally.

They chose Leave.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

14-02-2018, 10:51 PM

We were not stupid enough to join the Euro. That is what has caused the economic disparities between member states. The PIGS were not aligned to the economies of France and Germany. It was super crazy to join up so many different economies in one currency using a one off criteria. I said at the time that it was a bad idea and I was really glad we didn't join.

Leave and remain voters are all friends, neighbours, family. But the leave voters I know all had different reasons for that decision.

Like I said I just think it's waste. What we should have done is said no to Maastricht. Stayed in then on a looser basis. We did get some concessions at that point from what I recall, but it may have been the then recent '90s recession that swayed that decision. Now all our systems are tied up to the hilt. Unscrambled eggs anyone?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2018, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by purwell ->
do you really think that helps anything, or do you just want to make it obvious to the world how stupid you are?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2018, 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
We were not stupid enough to join the Euro. That is what has caused the economic disparities between member states. The PIGS were not aligned to the economies of France and Germany. It was super crazy to join up so many different economies in one currency using a one off criteria. I said at the time that it was a bad idea and I was really glad we didn't join.

Leave and remain voters are all friends, neighbours, family. But the leave voters I know all had different reasons for that decision.

Like I said I just think it's waste. What we should have done is said no to Maastricht. Stayed in then on a looser basis. We did get some concessions at that point from what I recall, but it may have been the then recent '90s recession that swayed that decision. Now all our systems are tied up to the hilt. Unscrambled eggs anyone?
Its so far been more luck than anything else we've stayed out of those areas Annie, mostly down to us leavers being vocal about not wanting to go in, the remainers at the top would have happily signed up to almost anything.

We could unscramble it easier by just walking away IMO if we insist on negotiating, I'm finding that strange, if you leave a club you leave you don't negotiate that's what is complicating matters. Just cut free and then sort it out, it's stupidity we aren't already ready to go, that we need longer, if we knew after the referendum we were going we should be ready now to go.

Page 4 of 28 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top