Join for free
Page 13 of 13 « First < 3 11 12 13
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2018, 05:51 PM

Re: The New Hot Seat.

Well personally I think even 3 days is a bit too long, is that not why it fizzled out the last time? It took forever to get your turn to be grilled..
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2018, 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
Well personally I think even 3 days is a bit too long, is that not why it fizzled out the last time? It took forever to get your turn to be grilled..
Couldn’t the ‘volunteers’ have their own ‘Hot Seat’ thread, all posted at the same time? Then we pick and choose to question, as we like? Or would that cause problems?
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2018, 06:18 PM

Now there's an idea Art I might....Might, even put my name down then. Not that you don't know most about me already.. Not much left to tell..
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2018, 06:19 PM

Doesn't matter does it? We have all the time in the world
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2018, 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Doesn't matter does it? We have all the time in the world
I know a song about that.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2018, 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Couldn’t the ‘volunteers’ have their own ‘Hot Seat’ thread, all posted at the same time? Then we pick and choose to question, as we like? Or would that cause problems?
It would be chaotic with 12 hot seat threads going at the same time and it would diminish the members turn in the spotlight.

I don't think that's a good idea. One thread/one person at a time is better. Surely nobody is in such a hurry are they?

All the forums I've known to have a hot seat has had members taking their turn - one at a time. It's part of the build up.

I don't want to change the format but just the length of time.

Remembering the last time it started to fizzle out after the weekend so I think Friday morning till Sunday evening would be better.

It would be a weekend activity - something a bit different for the weekend.

Is that alright with you Floydy & all our other participants?

1. Floydy.
2. Devo.
3. Wild Blueberry.
4.Missy
5. Primus 1.
6. Twink55
7. Lion Queen
8. Apricot.
9. Tiffany.
10. susiejaeger.
11. OldGreyFox.
12. Uncle Joe.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2018, 07:02 PM

I'm fine with it, Carol. No point someone putting a spanner in the works at this stage is there?
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.

13-07-2018, 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->

I don't think that's a good idea. One thread/one person at a time is better. Surely nobody is in such a hurry are they?

All the forums I've known to have a hot seat has had members taking their turn - one at a time. It's part of the build up.

I don't want to change the format but just the length of time.

Remembering the last time it started to fizzle out after the weekend so I think Friday morning till Sunday evening would be better.

It would be a weekend activity - something a bit different for the weekend.

Sure fine not a problem, it's your show..
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2018, 07:22 PM

We'll be flexible then.. I don't mind if it ends on Sunday or Tuesday. The participant can decide when they've had enough.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

13-07-2018, 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
We'll be flexible then.. I don't mind if it ends on Sunday or Tuesday. The participant can decide when they've had enough.
Keep it rolling for me, Carol. I may not always be around but I can catch up later.

Page 13 of 13 « First < 3 11 12 13

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top