Join for free
Page 22 of 46 « First < 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 > Last »
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2021, 06:45 PM

Re: Sarah Everard

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Yes a life is a life but for some reason this one life is a media and internet sensation. This was a middle class successful woman who had attended a top university, her father is a professor at another university. Such a death causes public displays of grief but thousands of others happen all the while under the radar. They are the forgotten ones. So many children go missing every year and cases are closed after perfunctory checks, yet the Maddie case cost £11.7m. Is it because the parents were both doctors, the father a cardiologist. It seems that victims with good looks and affluent backgrounds are mourned by the press a tad more than the thousands of victims with less wealthy backgrounds. How many tragic cases do not get a visit from the royals? If they did we would never stop mourning because there are so many of them forgotten and the cases closed.
Myself and Mr P had a similar conversation this afternoon regarding this.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2021, 06:59 PM

Hi

I object to it being turned into a Pollicised Media Circus.

She was the same age as my daughter, and as a Dad , I do feel the sense of loss.

A couple of things.

We are in a Pandemic, there was no social distancing, most nurses are female to the idiots were putting other females at risk of death.

This is a nonsense.

There are other ways of remembering her and making a point, without putting others at risk.

Criminalising all men for her death is a real stupidity, I am a Dad, see someone being being harassed and I am up there.

A basic Northerner, in their face straight away, right prat, now make me scared.

I am also a realist, some men, not all, attack women.

That is an unfortunate fact of life.

My daughter is the same age , I know the risks.

She is an independent sod, she also would have walked home.

I would never tell her she cannot do things because she is a female, I have however explained to her that some men are absolute pillocks and think that because they are stronger they can force females.

Strength is not everything, skill and ability is, it is her body to give, not a man's to take.

I have taught her every trick in the book, she learnt well.

Sad that we have to do such things, but that is life.

I lit a candle outside, so did many others on my street.

A very respectful and powerful protest.

We made a point without putting others at risk.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2021, 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Annie, if you feel that Sarah Everard is getting an unreasonable share of sympathy, perhaps you should complain to the media, because it is them that are releasing so much info.
When somebody is murdered, I never bother to find out what their background is, I am just sad that yet another life has been taken!
I can't speak for the others on here, but I have known many of them for a long time and feel confident in suggesting that members on here are usually sympathetic when anybody suffers, whether they are attractive & come from wealthy backgrounds, or not.
As I said earlier in this thread, perhaps we should wait till we know more about what happened, from the trial!
Hi Twink, I wasn't talking about OFF members but the Twitterati who created this furore possibly because they saw Sarah as a peer. I see so many friends posting on facebook about missing young people in their area but it's never on the news. If it turns out that the policeman is found guilty of her murder then that will be a reason for a big news story.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2021, 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
What on earth are you talking about here?..please help me out...Sarah Payne was she from an affluent family?

Sorry for going off topic,Muddy...trying to make a point....what on earth has status got to do with anything..or being good looking?...I can’t understand your thinking here..
I can’t either Pauline .
Sarah Payne , James Bugler , Keith Johnson none of these were affluent but they did have courageous determined mothers who never gave up on getting justice for their murdered children .
let’s not start the hate fest against the McCanns bereaved parents too .
Status or good looks mean nothing .
They are someone’s murdered children .
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2021, 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I can’t either Pauline .
Sarah Payne , James Bugler , Keith Johnson none of these were affluent but they did have courageous determined mothers who never gave up on getting justice for their murdered children .
let’s not start the hate fest against the McCanns bereaved parents too .
Status or good looks mean nothing .
They are someone’s murdered children .
Hi

Absolutely spot on.

A brilliant post.

OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2021, 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
As a woman with young teenage granddaughters I darn well am going to get on this bandwagon . Too long women have been subject to harassment and abuse the more it is highlighted the better .
So it's more about women's rights than the unfortunate death of Sarah Muddy. Much the same as the BLM using George Floyds death to air their grievances. Are people not hijacking these murders to push their own agendas.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2021, 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
What on earth are you talking about here?..please help me out...Sarah Payne was she from an affluent family?

Sorry for going off topic,Muddy...trying to make a point....what on earth has status got to do with anything..or being good looking?...I can’t understand your thinking here..
Annie is making a valid point pauline.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2021, 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
Myself and Mr P had a similar conversation this afternoon regarding this.
So did me and my Dad
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2021, 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
So it's more about women's rights than the unfortunate death of Sarah Muddy. Much the same as the BLM using George Floyds death to air their grievances. Are people not hijacking these murders to push their own agendas.

Of course they are. You don't go to a vigil wearing balaclavas and carrying protest banners. This vigil was hi-jacked by the far-left, Antifa, and BLM cashing in on this tragedy to air their grievances.
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2021, 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Very true. Plus for quite a few of them it looks good on their social media pages.

Page 22 of 46 « First < 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top