Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2016, 02:16 PM

Re: You cannot give in

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzdZ07LldGA

Of course it was not hypothetical. Just a person feeling very down. I can share it here as you all will never meet and I needed to unload my feelings of sadness to some one. He fell in love with a dear friend of mine and it was not reciprocated
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2016, 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by Older git ->
The plot thickens-Chapter 3. You can take a horse to water-you cannot make it drink.
Have you ever thought that the horse may not be thirsty? If somebody wants to feel better they will do what they can to be so..... but only they can make that choice!
OG I get the feeling that this is a real individual, and no matter how much you feel that you are right, you cannot make them do what you want them to.... it is their life so their choice
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2016, 02:31 PM

Is not all fiction based on reality? I just do not have the patience to write a long story. Grief my PhD thesis was long enough.

I`m more Edward Lear

There was this old man from Gravesend

Who said my life I must end

so he took lots of pills

to cure all his ills

That sad old man from Gravesend
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2016, 02:41 PM

I'm totally lost with this one.
If, as you say, discretion is needed ... yet it is painful to either a friend? Or yourself?
Well, in this situation I wouldn't dream of offering any opinion or advice based on a half story of such a deeply personal and traumatic issue.

All one can do in Life, is try to be true to yourself, and try to be true and a good friend, whilst accepting that sometimes in Life certain boundaries may limit what you can reasonably do .. whether that applies to you or to a friend.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2016, 02:42 PM

OG, you are obviously upset by what is happening to your friend,so here are your options:-
1) If you feel he is mentally disturbed by what has happened, you could contact his doctor and explain what he is doing, and why. Or you could speak to Samaritans if you feel his life is currently threatened......just remember, if the doctors believe you are right he will be sectioned and put on a psychiatric ward till they think he is better .....and there is no escape from a ward like that. I suspect you could lose your friend, by trying to save his life, if you use this method.

2) You could be there for him and try to encourage him to look after himself, but don't try to force him! If the results of this liver test are so important, I suspect that his life will be at risk anyway, unless he can get treatment that will cure him.

3) You can lose your temper with him and walk away , if he won't help himself,..... but I think that will make both of you feel worse.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2016, 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I'm afraid I do not understand this thread OG.

You indicate you might be being morally blackmailed, then you say it is only a hypothetical question, but after that ask you ask for people's discretion.
I would never intentionally be unkind to anyone in need, but what is there to be discreet about if nothing has really happened?
Sorry, but you've lost me completely even before you said about a Chapter 3 and horses to water.
My thoughts exactly also Mups!
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England

04-12-2016, 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by Aysa ->
My thoughts exactly also Mups!
I think we are all a bit in the dark, but you can't really offer good help without the full story... and men are not good at talking about emotional matters!
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs

04-12-2016, 04:00 PM

Think backwards-I`m not looking for advice. A secret is a very heavy load and one I could not take. Whatever you make of this thread it has been helpful. A place where I share things it`s hard to say anywhere else.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2016, 04:07 PM

Then it's served a good purpose OG and that's all that matters.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England

04-12-2016, 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by Older git ->
Think backwards-I`m not looking for advice. A secret is a very heavy load and one I could not take. Whatever you make of this thread it has been helpful. A place where I share things it`s hard to say anywhere else.
Then I hope you make the right decision for all involved.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top