Join for free
Page 21 of 22 « First < 11 19 20 21 22 >
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2015, 12:54 PM

Re: Flu Jab time

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Well done mags hope the arm doesn't ache too much the massage effect worked on mine nicely this time.
Me too Julie I think the secret is to massage the area as soon after vaccination as possible don't wait until it hurts
If the arm does get sore I have found an ice pack wrapped in a towel can help .
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2015, 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Reporting that I received my flu vaccination this morning - that's it for another year and it's good to know I have protection again this winter.
Any idea which specific vaccination you received? Did you get any paperwork?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2015, 03:08 PM

I would assume the GP surgery keep the records it would cost a fortune to give a print out to each patient, I prefer the money to be spent on better things.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2015, 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I would assume the GP surgery keep the records it would cost a fortune to give a print out to each patient, I prefer the money to be spent on better things.
lols

It would take just a second to ask which specific vaccine is being used. Aside from that the vaccines come in boxes with a number of "inserts" which they could simply pass on to anyone who cared to ask. Volume shouldn't be a problem given there are so many numpties out there who don't give a fig what's going into their arm !
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2015, 09:10 PM

Resorting to name calling simply because people hold a different view is very churlish. Face it, people choose to disregard your copy&pasting preaching, so why carry on?
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2015, 08:34 PM

Well the other half had his flu jab this morning, no ill effects. I won't be having one, preferring to try and boost my immune system as much as I can naturally- each to their own. I will, however, have the pneumonia once in a lifetime jab.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2015, 01:22 PM

Had to smile, went to the surgery on Wednesday for the Flu jab and Pneumonia jab but on Tuesday I started to worry a little about having both together as have COPD and was worrying about side effects. Walked in to see the nurse on Wednesday and started making flustered excuse about coming back in a couple of weeks for the Pneumonia jab just in case and she said. "Oh good, that saves me the bother of apologising because we are currently out of stock of the Pneumonia vaccine !! Phew !
By the way, unlike the nurses that do my two weekly blood tests this nurse just walked across the room to were I was sitting and just stuck the needle in. When I said ouch! she laughed and asked what was wrong? I said, usually the nurses say "now you will just feel a little prick" as they put the needle in. she replied "ah, but then you tend to tense up and it hurts more!"
(I felt like asking for my lollipop!!)

Happily no side effects except for a slight aching in my arm from the needle.
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2015, 01:49 PM

Long time ago nurses used to say to me "just a little prick" and I replied "I know I am, but will it hurt?"
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2015, 06:44 PM

I refuse to have the Flu Injection as it only covers certain strains of Flu.
Which reminds me, we haven't had one of those Flu scares lately.....swine, bird etc Flu. I wonder what happened to those...never to be heard of again!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2015, 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I refuse to have the Flu Injection as it only covers certain strains of Flu.
Which reminds me, we haven't had one of those Flu scares lately.....swine, bird etc Flu. I wonder what happened to those...never to be heard of again!
We were only talking about that in the pub today Artangel, someone said there was no need to use that scare this year as we had enough stuff happening in the world to keep us scared for a while to come, but don't worry when things get better out it will come again.

Page 21 of 22 « First < 11 19 20 21 22 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top