Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2015, 09:41 AM

frozen arm/shoulder

For weeks now my arm is getting tighter , I can use it but limited movement , getting dressed and reaching is difficult . I've had massage and had to wait 3 weeks for doctors appointment . I'm hoping he will give me a cortisone injection and not send me for physio as that will take weeks .

I'm using my arm , gentle stretching also but the pain is intense when I push it too far .

Any ideas please to help a quicker cure , Thankyou
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2015, 09:43 AM

Re: frozen arm/shoulder

No quick cure Susan but I am aware that massage and heat pads may help until you can get to see the doctor .
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2015, 09:45 AM

Cortisone is the best treatment Susan but the injection site must be accurate to achieve the best results.
I speak from painful experience.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2015, 10:06 AM

I've just ordered these Susan - worth a try

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Relief-Xtra-...0_SR117%2C160_
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2015, 10:43 AM

Thanks patsy , will check them out . X
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2015, 10:59 AM

I had a painful shoulder about 10 years ago and went to see an osteopath. After 3 attempts to loosen it with massage she told me that it was a frozen shoulder and she could do nothing about it. I don't think mine was as bad as yours sounds, but the osteopath said that I could opt to go for a cortisone injection or , if I could bear the discomfort, to wait for 12-18 months and it would go on its own. I didn't fancy the injection, as I had been told they didn't always work, but the osteopath was right because, about 10 months later, my shoulder was back to normal.
I hope you get a faster treatment for yours, but if you don't, hold on to the hope that it will eventually clear itself
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2015, 12:20 PM

I went to my doctor a few years ago with a painful frozen shoulder, told him I had taken painkillers that didn't help.
He tried lifting my arm up and down then said he would give me a cortisone injection between the bones in my shoulder - he did it there and then ..... I felt it but wouldn't say it was painful and I began feeling the relief in my shoulder within days.
susan m
DORSET UK

17-10-2015, 12:24 PM

I guess the muscles become rigid , I try to stretch but the arm refuses to. The pain is horrible when I overdo it . Don't know how it happened . Think I will opt for a cortisone jab to help clear it hopefully quickly .

Thanks everyone x
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2015, 12:43 PM

Good luck!
Gabi
Lancs,.
Gabi is female  Gabi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2015, 01:33 PM

I don't recommend this but the last time I had a frozen shoulder I fell down the last 5/6 stairs at home, I kept banging my arm trying to grab thin air to stop falling till I landed at the bottom..........finally when I'd pulled myself together I stood up........not a pain or anything I could have thrown the javelin....next day my arm was black and blue but free from pain.......other occasions I had a great osteopath who could get me right in 2 weeks of treating me......

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top