Join for free
Page 6 of 9 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2019, 03:46 PM

Re: Wills and Executors

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
My husband and I don't wish to have any money wasted on funerals for us, straight to the crem, end of story.
You still incur costs, funeral directors -the hearse -the crematorium short religious service fees etc You actually have to book for a cremation it is not like a supermarket , just walk or in this case carried in, and get fried.

Seems to me you have little experience in these matters by wha you are posting
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2019, 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
You still incur costs, funeral directors -the hearse -the crematorium short religious service fees etc You actually have to book for a cremation it is not like a supermarket , just walk or in this case carried in, and get fried.

Seems to me you have little experience in these matters by wha you are posting
Absolutely true!
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2019, 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
My husband and I don't wish to have any money wasted on funerals for us, straight to the crem, end of story.
Me too...a direct cremation..starts from around £999..
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2019, 04:09 PM

I've seen an advert somewhere for funerals which are very simple. Don't even have to have anyone there. I think once the paperwork is done they will come and collect you for cremation. No service, no fuss, nothing.

Edited
This is something like it.
https://www.simplicity.co.uk/arrange...8a12a6ba057b0e
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2019, 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Make it easy for your executors .
Put your affairs in order .
Very wise advice Muddy , where there"s a will there"s a rellie.
With eager little hands stretched out.
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2019, 08:06 PM

Funeral costs are rising all the time .
I've got a fully paid up plan arranged which promises there will be no extra cost when the time arrives.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2019, 08:40 PM

We don't have wills, executors, or funeral plans.

Just a request for Both Sides Now (original version) by Joni Mitchell to be played.
Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2019, 08:48 PM

When my younger sister was killed in a traffic pile up in 2002, my elder sister and her husband were the executors. They had to apply for probate because any institution that deals with money, banks, building societies, insurance companies would refuse to deal with then unless they sent them a copy of the probate letter and a copy of my sisters death certificate.

Because it was a death due to a traffic accident (4 people died in total), the coroner would not release my sisters body until the police investigation was over, which took 6 months. Fortunately we did not have to pay for storage.

Applying for probate costs money, i think back then in 2002, i think it was £200. Then each financial institution requested admin fee's to release the accounts to the executors upon receipt of probate letter and death cert.

My sister was cremated, the family could not agree where to put her ashes so a tree was put in the grounds of the crematorium which we had to pay for, plus we had to pay for wanting her ashes spread around the tree.

That was my first experience of dealing with a death in the family and i was totally shocked at how expensive dying is.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2019, 09:11 PM

I was discussing this recently with someone who commented that it's not just the wishes of the deceased that are important, if they don't want a lavish funeral then that's fair enough.

Those who are left behind though often like to give someone a good 'send-off' as it's found this is a part of the grieving process too. That wasn't something I had thought of so something else to consider.

Anyway, for those who prefer a 'no frills exit' the link below has details:

https://www.moneywise.co.uk/pensions...-frills-way-go
Zuleika
North West UK

17-07-2019, 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
We don't have wills, executors, or funeral plans.

Just a request for Both Sides Now (original version) by Joni Mitchell to be played.
Another of your examples of ignoring matters of importance ? Like the travel insurance .
Anyway as the saying goes " it's your funeral " , but other people will have to pick up the pieces if you both go at once for instance .

Page 6 of 9 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top