Join for free
Page 7 of 7 « First < 5 6 7
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2012, 10:33 PM

Re: Birds in the garden

The picture is fine and its lovely to see the baby blackbirds in their nest. Pleased to hear all is well with them, guess they will be off very soon!
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2012, 10:37 PM

Mary it's a brilliant picture, I'd be proud if it was mine. (I am jealous of your birds nest)
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2012, 10:39 PM

Yes Marian, they'll be off bless them. They are very clever, they must have hidden themselves well when I was scrabbling around on all fours under their bush in a panic thinking they'd been killed. I found one of my old border collie's (Bobby) balls under there
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2012, 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by Janela ->
Mary it's a brilliant picture, I'd be proud if it was mine. (I am jealous of your birds nest)
Thanks Janela, weren't they sweet? The nest is in bits though, all that rain I expect.
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2012, 10:41 PM

They were probably watching you wondering what on earth you were doing
maryl
UK

01-07-2012, 07:22 PM

My grandaughter (who is the only one I told about the blackbirds nesting) found two of the babies this afternoon in the very low branches of the apple tree only about 3' off the ground. She came back to show me and when we approached they didn't move away, just fluttered a bit then stared at us, we got really close. For goodness sake babies hurry up and get frightened and fly away. Mr blackbird was chasing his missus around the garden for days so he's getting ready for the next family. I am not going to look for the nest, I can't go through all that worry again
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2012, 08:01 PM

Aw, well done your grandaughter Mary
Silly birds, not flying off, but as you say it won't be long
I don't blame you for not wanting to find the next nest.. these birds are a worry

We've had a greater spotted woodpecker visiting this past week. The magpies try to intimidate him but he isn't having any of it! He pecks at the peanuts for ages, goes to the bird bath for a drink, then back to the nuts.
Hubby found the remains of a woodpigeon early this morning, mostly feathers 'tis sad but maybe it fed the young of another animal.

Page 7 of 7 « First < 5 6 7

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top