Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2012, 08:30 PM

What wicked, evil people there are

A dog found abandoned in a lay by has been described by a vet as the "thinnest she had ever seen alive".

The Staffordshire cross, believed to be one to two years old, weighed just 8kg - half her expected healthy weight - and was too weak to walk or eat when she was found.

The female dog, handed into an RSPCA centre in Weston-super-Mare, Somerset, has been named Hope by staff.

Vet Anna Parry, who is caring for the dog, at Bridge Veterinary Practice, said: "I spent eight years working at an RSPCA clinic in the past so I am no stranger to abused and neglected animal but this is the thinnest dog I have ever seen still alive.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/rspca-appea...182257386.html

"She weighs in at just eight kilos and a healthy weight for her would be more like 16.

"When she first arrived we had to wrap her in blankets and bubble wrap just to keep her warm as she could not maintain her temperature and although she is now off the drip and much more responsive she still has a long way to go."

The RSPCA said they were alerted to the case when a man turned up with the emaciated dog, which he said he found in a cardboard box in a layby near a burger van at the side of the A370 near Hewish on May 16.

The man, who gave his name only as Ben, said he had seen the dog and taken it straight to the RSPCA, from where it was rushed to Clarendon Vets.

Nurses at the vets took it in turns to look after the animal throughout the night.

Hope spent several days being drip fed and is now able to hold up her head and is slowly starting to eat and drink for herself, the RSPCA said.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2012, 08:53 PM

Re: What wicked, evil people there are

Poor little soul
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2012, 09:19 PM

Omg. What a terrible state the poor dog is in. How can people be so cruel.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2012, 09:26 PM

The poor creature. I hope with the love and attention she's receiving she'll recover well enough to go to a nice home where somebody will love her.

I absolutely detest any form of cruelty to animals.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2012, 10:19 PM

Poor, poor dog .... how can people be so cruel
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2012, 11:18 PM

I truly can't get my around how people can be so wicked, but right now I think I'm wicked, I have visions of what I could do to whoever so illtreated that poor little dog, my vision sort of includes red hot pokers and various other instruments of torture.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2012, 11:20 PM

Originally Posted by clumsy ->
I truly can't get my around how people can be so wicked, but right now I think I'm wicked, I have visions of what I could do to whoever so illtreated that poor little dog, my vision sort of includes red hot pokers and various other instruments of torture.
Yes, and they would be shoved where the sun don't shine as well.
pixie
Canada
pixie is female  pixie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2012, 11:25 PM

how can they live with there selfs ;(
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain

30-05-2012, 11:31 PM

I am looking at my two little dogs here, both in their beds, upside down as usual, both well fed, both have lots of toys and lots of fun, lots of cuddles, both are content and happy and I think how could anyone possibly think of hurting them or starving them, I would go without food myself to feed them. I simply can't understand the mentality of anyone who can cause harm to animals or small children. How can anyone be so wicked?
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire

30-05-2012, 11:57 PM

Originally Posted by clumsy ->
I am looking at my two little dogs here, both in their beds, upside down as usual, both well fed, both have lots of toys and lots of fun, lots of cuddles, both are content and happy and I think how could anyone possibly think of hurting them or starving them, I would go without food myself to feed them. I simply can't understand the mentality of anyone who can cause harm to animals or small children. How can anyone be so wicked?
I agree with you Loretta, but please don't think of people like that as normal humans, and most certainly not as animals. They are a sub-species. I hate it when thugs, scum etc are likened to animals. They're not because animals don't do that to others unless it's purely for survival, and this isn't the case in this instance.

I've told this tale before on the forum, somewhere back in the depths of time, but many years ago before I got married I was shopping locally for my mum and there was this little dog running around. Many shoppers stopped and were shocked to see this poor little flea-bitten, scrawny dog which looked totally manic. Somebody threw him some boiled ham from their carrier bags and he wolfed it down.

I've never had a dog in my life but, had I the means such as a belt, piece of rope - anything to secure him - I would have taken him home with me, even though I'm scared of dogs!

When I got home I was in tears and my mum asked me what was wrong so I told her, and she said I should have brought him home, but I didn't have the means as I was on foot and at that time didn't have a car. This was around 40 years ago, but I've never forgotten that little dog and have always wondered what became of him.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top