Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2012, 12:07 AM

Re: What wicked, evil people there are

Originally Posted by clumsy ->
I truly can't get my around how people can be so wicked, but right now I think I'm wicked, I have visions of what I could do to whoever so illtreated that poor little dog, my vision sort of includes red hot pokers and various other instruments of torture.
This kind of neglect brings out the worst in us. Let's thank goodness we are more humane than to carry out what we actually feel towards these cruel people.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2012, 12:28 AM

There is such a thing as retribution though.

When I was a child of about 8 I was out for a walk with my older brother and the road was a shiny and slippery road. There was a rag and bone man with a horse and cart, which was pulling a very heavy load and the horse was valiantly trying to pull the cart up the hill, but his hooves were slipping on the road, and the horse was almost on its knees with the effort.

He hadn't been shod properly, and his hooves were making sparks on the road as he was slipping. The man was battering the horse around the head with a whip. The poor horse was terrified and our Jeff saw red. He was only little, but he jumped up, grabbed the whip off the man and lashed him with it a couple of times around his shoulders and neck.

Then our Jeff went to the front of the horse and held on to his bridle and quietly said: "come on, lad." The horse, with our Jeff's help, got to the top of the hill. Our Jeff told the man that if he ever saw him being cruel to the horse again he'd paste the life out of him. This was in the 1950s.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2012, 08:17 AM

That just made me feel so sad. I think the same should be done to the Person who did that to the Wee Doggie.
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2012, 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by Mollie ->
I agree with you Loretta, but please don't think of people like that as normal humans, and most certainly not as animals. They are a sub-species. I hate it when thugs, scum etc are likened to animals. They're not because animals don't do that to others unless it's purely for survival, and this isn't the case in this instance.

I've told this tale before on the forum, somewhere back in the depths of time, but many years ago before I got married I was shopping locally for my mum and there was this little dog running around. Many shoppers stopped and were shocked to see this poor little flea-bitten, scrawny dog which looked totally manic. Somebody threw him some boiled ham from their carrier bags and he wolfed it down.

I've never had a dog in my life but, had I the means such as a belt, piece of rope - anything to secure him - I would have taken him home with me, even though I'm scared of dogs!

When I got home I was in tears and my mum asked me what was wrong so I told her, and she said I should have brought him home, but I didn't have the means as I was on foot and at that time didn't have a car. This was around 40 years ago, but I've never forgotten that little dog and have always wondered what became of him.
I wasn't allowed a dog when I was young, but one day I was about 11, I saw a black puppy in the street he was thin and hungry, I shared a tube of smarties with him and he became my best friend, Mum and Nan used to save all the scraps for him, Paddy, had a white blaze on his chest and a curly tail only grew into a small dog ,used to wait outside school for me. The family that owned him gave him away but I didn't know till a girl came looking for him and said the family had told her where to find him if he was missing. In the winter he was found badly injured further up our street, he died the next day. They said looking at the tracks in the snow he'd been trying to get to our house after being knocked down. Never forgot him, and have had dogs ever since, all other peoples unwanteds. all have had a good life with us.
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2012, 09:39 AM

There should be a total ban on breeding staffs. The rescue homes are full of them. They have become the 'in' thing for young lads to own and as soon as they get bored or find that it takes a bit of work to look after a dog they get discarded. Makes my blood boil and I suspect this case probably comes under that category although of course I don't know and could be wrong. Hopefully Hope will survive and find a good home somewhere eventually. There is no excuse for just abandoning an animal to die, there are plenty of places you can take it to if you cannot cope any more.
shaz
Manchester, lancs
shaz is female  shaz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2012, 09:59 AM

Poor staffie have a bad name. When they are a nice dog.
It's the owners who turn them into the type of dog they become. Due to being idiots.
Its the poor dogs I feel sorry for, having to live with these idiots.
Lets hope this little dog gets a new owner, who will give her the love and affection she needs.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2012, 12:14 PM

When I was a child of about 8 I was out for a walk with my older brother and the road was a shiny and slippery road. There was a rag and bone man with a horse and cart, which was pulling a very heavy load and the horse was valiantly trying to pull the cart up the hill, but his hooves were slipping on the road, and the horse was almost on its knees with the effort.

He hadn't been shod properly, and his hooves were making sparks on the road as he was slipping. The man was battering the horse around the head with a whip. The poor horse was terrified and our Jeff saw red. He was only little, but he jumped up, grabbed the whip off the man and lashed him with it a couple of times around his shoulders and neck.

Then our Jeff went to the front of the horse and held on to his bridle and quietly said: "come on, lad." The horse, with our Jeff's help, got to the top of the hill. Our Jeff told the man that if he ever saw him being cruel to the horse again he'd paste the life out of him. This was in the 1950s.
He was a brave little boy to wrestle a whip from a grown man and beat him with it.
mesco m
manchester

31-05-2012, 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by The Dog Lover ->
There should be a total ban on breeding staffs. The rescue homes are full of them. They have become the 'in' thing for young lads to own and as soon as they get bored or find that it takes a bit of work to look after a dog they get discarded. Makes my blood boil and I suspect this case probably comes under that category although of course I don't know and could be wrong. Hopefully Hope will survive and find a good home somewhere eventually. There is no excuse for just abandoning an animal to die, there are plenty of places you can take it to if you cannot cope any more.
It's a shame that these lovely natured dogs are falling into the hands of people who know nothing about how to bring up a dog correctly.
Berxer
Chatterbox
S.Wales, UK
Berxer is female  Berxer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2012, 09:40 PM

That poor dog

What is the matter with these so-called humans? Hope this dog recovers well enough to be placed in a loving home to which he deserves.
Gabi
Lancs,.
Gabi is female  Gabi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2012, 11:26 PM

Mollie never have I ever seen a man who owns a horse to use for his livelihood to beat it in the 50s most had stables in allotments and the horse was always taken back fed and made comfortable before the owner went home. I can't, so how much I try to think a boy could take a whip of a grown man in those days, the men were tough and kids did as they were told. Are you sure this wasn't a dream you had?

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top