Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2012, 11:43 PM

Re: What wicked, evil people there are

Originally Posted by Gabi ->
Mollie never have I ever seen a man who owns a horse to use for his livelihood to beat it in the 50s most had stables in allotments and the horse was always taken back fed and made comfortable before the owner went home. I can't, so how much I try to think a boy could take a whip of a grown man in those days, the men were tough and kids did as they were told. Are you sure this wasn't a dream you had?
I thought exactly the same but didn't want to say for fear of being accused of witch hunting.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2012, 09:58 PM

It really sickens me when I hear of stories like this.....that poor dog must have gone through hell! Hopefully, a loving home can be found once the dog has made a full recovery....
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2012, 10:20 PM

She must be a very strong little mite, to have survived so far. I'm certain there is a loving family waiting for her somewhere.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2012, 02:27 AM

Mollie never have I ever seen a man who owns a horse to use for his livelihood to beat it in the 50s most had stables in allotments and the horse was always taken back fed and made comfortable before the owner went home. I can't, so how much I try to think a boy could take a whip of a grown man in those days, the men were tough and kids did as they were told. Are you sure this wasn't a dream you had?
How bloody dare you say that! I did not dream this at all. I was there and witnessed it. My brother was 17 at the time and went for trials to become a jockey. I am so angry about your post. I was 8 and he was a strong lover of animals, as I was, and am, and he hated to see an animal suffer. I can't even believe you would challenge this memory because I doubt that a dream would have lasted for 50+ years! My brother saw red at seeing this horse treated in this way and he reacted. Never question me again about things I've seen about animal cruelty! You weren't there - I was!
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2012, 11:51 AM

It's quite possible for people to misremember events of the past. It was, after all, a very long time ago.

I have a "memory" of being in a cot in my grandmother's house, although I am sure it's a false memory, it is quite vivid.
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2012, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by Mollie ->
How bloody dare you say that! I did not dream this at all. I was there and witnessed it. My brother was 17 at the time and went for trials to become a jockey. I am so angry about your post. I was 8 and he was a strong lover of animals, as I was, and am, and he hated to see an animal suffer. I can't even believe you would challenge this memory because I doubt that a dream would have lasted for 50+ years! My brother saw red at seeing this horse treated in this way and he reacted. Never question me again about things I've seen about animal cruelty! You weren't there - I was!
Mollie I think some people thought when you said LITTLE you meant young not small. As for the rest there was a lot of cruelty in those days, a woman near us hit a rag and bone man with her yard brush for hitting his horse who had stopped to pick up a carrot a kid had thrown for him.
Gabi
Lancs,.
Gabi is female  Gabi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2012, 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by Mollie ->
Don't you dare tell me what I can or cannot say! you managed to take in the state of the road oh!!! and at 8 you even managed to notice the horse hadn't been shod properly. What a fairy tale if ever there was one. I think you have quite a selective memory. I shall question anything that doesn't make sense to me and this didn't. Sounded like something Dickens’s would write.
mesco m
manchester

03-06-2012, 11:34 PM

Don't you dare tell me what I can or cannot say! you managed to take in the state of the road oh!!! and at 8 you even managed to notice the horse hadn't been shod properly. What a fairy tale if ever there was one. I think you have quite a selective memory. I shall question anything that doesn't make sense to me and this didn't. Sounded like something Dickens’s would write.
I am in total agreement Gabi. But no doubt she will class my opinion as a witch hunt and not a simple opinion. Oh well.
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2012, 11:45 PM

there will always be cruel people happy to hurt either animals or humans doesn't matter what year, but how you could sit and watch an animal starve is beyond comprehension, she must have fed herself so why not share with the dog if money was tight, there is no excuse for cruelty.
mesco m
manchester

03-06-2012, 11:51 PM

Originally Posted by hazel ->
there will always be cruel people happy to hurt either animals or humans doesn't matter what year, but how you could sit and watch an animal starve is beyond comprehension, she must have fed herself so why not share with the dog if money was tight, there is no excuse for cruelty.
None what so ever Hazel.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top