Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2012, 12:01 PM

Cat Flap: Dead Pet Turned Into Helicopter

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/cat-flap-de...083942417.html

An artist has turned his cat into a flying helicopter after it was killed by a car.

Dutchman Bart Jansen stuffed Orville before teaming up with a radio control helicopter expert to attach propellers to each of its four paws.

The cat - named after pioneering aviator Orville Wright - is now a piece of artwork. The "Orvillecopter" is on show at the Kunstrai art festival in Amsterdam.

Jansen said his creation is "half cat, half machine", and part of a visual art project to pay tribute to his pet.

"After a period of mourning he received his propellers posthumously," he said.

The Orvillecopter currently struggles to fly steadily, a problem Jansen has promised to fix.

"He will receive more powerful engines and larger props for his birthday. So this hopping will soon change into steady flight."
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2012, 12:02 PM

Re: Cat Flap: Dead Pet Turned Into Helicopter

I think that is absolutely horrible and insensitive.
pixie
Canada
pixie is female  pixie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2012, 12:18 PM

Agree Clumsy
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2012, 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by clumsy ->
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/cat-flap-de...083942417.html

An artist has turned his cat into a flying helicopter after it was killed by a car.

Dutchman Bart Jansen stuffed Orville before teaming up with a radio control helicopter expert to attach propellers to each of its four paws.

The cat - named after pioneering aviator Orville Wright - is now a piece of artwork. The "Orvillecopter" is on show at the Kunstrai art festival in Amsterdam.

Jansen said his creation is "half cat, half machine", and part of a visual art project to pay tribute to his pet.

"After a period of mourning he received his propellers posthumously," he said.

The Orvillecopter currently struggles to fly steadily, a problem Jansen has promised to fix.

"He will receive more powerful engines and larger props for his birthday. So this hopping will soon change into steady flight."
Well whatever floats your boat I suppose, personally I think he's 1 sandwich short of a picnic
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2012, 12:33 PM

Gross...I couldn't imagine doing that to an old friend, let's hope someone does something revolting to him when he's gone...
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2012, 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by plantman ->
Gross...I couldn't imagine doing that to an old friend, let's hope someone does something revolting to him when he's gone...
He'd probably like that ugh!!!
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2012, 01:29 PM

I find that very disturbing.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2012, 01:36 PM

What is artistic about it? Sick, that's what it is.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2012, 03:30 PM

Some people will do anything to get a bit of publicity (and this man's antics worked). No accounting for taste or how crass and insensitive someone can be when hoping to further their own interests. A screw loose here I think. This is certainly in the worst possible taste IMO.
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2012, 06:56 PM

haven't looked at the link, don't want to but he sounds bonkers and its horrendous!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top