Join for free
Jean
Northern ireland
Jean is female  Jean has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2012, 09:44 AM

My cat

I have a cat called rascal, had him since he was a kitten when I go to feed him, he bites me on the ankle. If he forgets some morning he tries to trip me up. He is 8 years old and anyone on here that has more experience with cats, could maybe tell me what the heck he is trying to do
Lady Angler
Lancashire
Lady Angler is female  Lady Angler has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2012, 09:44 AM

Re: My cat

Well the name Rascal seems to suit him Jean........

Our Chloe can be sat on my knee having a cuddle then will suddenly turn round and nip me...........No idea why..
Jean
Northern ireland
Jean is female  Jean has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2012, 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by Lady Angler ->
Well the name Rascal seems to suit him Jean........

Our Chloe can be sat on my knee having a cuddle then will suddenly turn round and nip me...........No idea why..
Just being a cat then
Kitty
London
Kitty is female  Kitty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2012, 10:44 PM

one of my parents cats always nips me when i visit, she sits on my lap and nips my arm several times and then cuddles down for a nap
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2012, 10:52 PM

yes Jean I had a cat that nipped me, and also she used to sit on the arm of my chair and tap my face. At night she would tap my face to let her out and sometimes I would pretend I was asleep and she would do it a couple of times then out came the claws to make sure you woke up.Its just cats being cats.
Jean
Northern ireland

14-06-2012, 11:11 PM

Well Sounds like he is normal then, this friends
Kitty
London
Kitty is female  Kitty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2012, 11:21 PM

funnily enough today i was talking to someone at work today who's daughter has a 4 month old kitten, every day he licks her daughters face none stop, she has discouraged her daughter from letting the kitten do this but the kitten persists
regardless
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2012, 07:32 AM

Jean, catsare like any other animal, they love being attended to and spoilt and like most creatures when something upsets them they retaliate with a bite but only after giving warning signs.

It could be that Rascal has been waiting for his food and has got fed up of waiting just like when he sits on your knee purring away and being stroked, at some point he will twitch his ears , shake his head or wag his tail, these are all the sort of body language that animals use to inform us of something that is bothering them.

You will need to pay attention to which signs Rascal sends to you before he retaliates.

But, hey dont you retailate in some way when you get annoyed.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top