Join for free
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2012, 02:04 PM

Chewing plastic?

The past day or so Tippy has been nuzzling and very gently chewing at a plastic grocery bag I left on the floor after shopping. It can't be a scent she's interested in - has a double roll of paper towels. She seems to like to just rustle it around. Odd cat.
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2012, 11:59 PM

Re: Chewing plastic?

That is a strange thing to do, haven't known a cat do that before
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2012, 03:42 PM

Sue, be careful that Tippy doesn't swallow any of the plastic as it could easily cause a blockage.

My cats chewing habits have always been with soft toys or socks Many a time I've had to pick a soggy sock up off the floor!
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2012, 01:21 AM

She hasn't even torn it with her teeth... it's a very gentle nuzzling and chewing. Really odd!

I had a cat who at by the knitting basket at my feet and chewed the wool as I was knitting. I wouldn't notice she was there til I'd get a soggy length of it and sometimes she bit right through.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top