Join for free
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2012, 01:16 PM

Dog Training Club.

That's Wee Dageus enrolled in the Dog Club....this will be intersting lol. Do any of you go to Training Clubs? I'm talking about real Obedience Training, not just the Puppy Manners Classes.
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2012, 03:23 PM

Re: Dog Training Club.

My Sheltie and I did obedience training years ago and it was a very good experience. She was so well trained to both hand signals and voice commands that it was a lot of fun taking her to the park to play, and I could walk her off-leash almost anywhere. She took top dog in an obedience competition shortly after we finished the classes.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2012, 04:24 PM

Well Done Annie Jack. My Parents were right into Obedience Training and I often spent my Saturdays at Dog Shows, it's a World I love. Dageus is learning fast and I think this will suit him well too. I didn't take any of my O.E.S. to Training I just did it myself and they were great Dogs seldom on a Leash. Dageus is different though he seems to have the Poodle high active mind so I think he'll need something, also hope he'll be able for Agility Training when he's old enough.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2012, 07:23 PM

Oh yes been there and was insulted to boot. My best boy was a well bred German Shepherd and we also had a jack Russel called Jane. We joined the Cheltenham Dog training Club and arrived all eager to be told Oh yes Jonty would be very welcome , then we brought jane in and was promptley told you cant bring her you cant train them at all, so we left.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.

21-06-2012, 08:26 PM

Ohhhh What a load of Bull, we had Wee Micky who's a J.R. and he was excellent in the Ring, he was also in the FlyBall Team he was like Lightning and so happy when playing, he grined all over his wee face when he came running back with the Ball. His, Heel Work, Stay, Recall, and Hand Signal Work was all excellent too. I think your Trainer needs to have a Refresher Course.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2012, 10:11 PM

It was about 40 years ago, she (Jane ) was a cracker and was the boss, she ate her dinner quickly and then went for Jonty's who promptly stepped back and let her,she cost £6 and lived till she was 15.
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2012, 12:58 AM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
Ohhhh What a load of Bull, we had Wee Micky who's a J.R. and he was excellent in the Ring, he was also in the FlyBall Team he was like Lightning and so happy when playing, he grined all over his wee face when he came running back with the Ball. His, Heel Work, Stay, Recall, and Hand Signal Work was all excellent too. I think your Trainer needs to have a Refresher Course.
Flyball! What great fun that is! I never did pursue it with my Sheltie but I bet she would have loved it.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top