Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
dollie
west sussex
dollie is female  dollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2012, 03:33 PM

cat insurance

kitty insurance is due next month and ive had a look around to check cat insurance and the cost has really gone up no doubt due to the increasing vet bills...do any of you have a good cat insurance that has life cover?
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2012, 08:02 PM

Re: cat insurance

My daughter has just bought a kitten and the kitten was insured for 4 week's from Petplan. She has decided to continue with it for a year. Although I don't think Petplan are cheap they are good (at least from my experience with dogs they are). I am told that Tesco's insurance is quite good and Sainsbury's as well.
AbigailL
New Member!
London, UK
AbigailL is female 

06-07-2012, 06:09 PM

Hmm .. back in the US I used to use a discount program - Pet Assure - instead of pet insurance; not sure if there's anything like that in the UK. I don't have a cat any more.
dollie
west sussex
dollie is female  dollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2012, 12:51 PM

theres loads of different policies to choose from it would help if they were easy to understand...there doesnt appear to be a pet assure in the uk...
Viscount
SE UK
Viscount is male 

07-07-2012, 05:56 PM

Insure Third part, fire and theft only, Dollie!
It's much cheaper, and you get discount for low mileage too!

dollie
west sussex

08-07-2012, 09:42 AM

put your specs on viscount we are talking cats not cars
Viscount
SE UK
Viscount is male 

08-07-2012, 12:35 PM

I know Dollie....personally I would recommend a good "marinate"!
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2012, 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by Viscount ->
I know Dollie....personally I would recommend a good "marinate"!
Is a "marinate" a breed of cat, some sort of car, marine insurance, or some fancy way of soaking meat Viscount? (Sorry for that Dollie)
dollie
west sussex

15-07-2012, 07:47 AM

after days of trawling through the net ive found a cat insurance im happy with ive gone with saga...i rang aviva to tell them i no longer want to be with them as ive found another company with a better policy and the girl on the phone was so rude to me because i wanted to cancel...yes i did have a go back and i told her she would lose a few more customers if thats the way she talks to them...
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2012, 11:10 AM

I have never taken out cat insurance for Cassie but we do put so much away each week for any cat emergencies. So far we have only had to dip into it twice during her 15 years, once when she was hospialised with tri-panceatitis for four days and the other time was when she had a full dental including removal of plaque and tartar. We had saved up more than enough to cover both instances.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top