Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
dollie
west sussex
dollie is female  dollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2012, 12:08 PM

Re: cat insurance

never thought of doing that mags but i still think its cheaper to pay a yearly pet insurance ...
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2012, 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by dollie ->
never thought of doing that mags but i still think its cheaper to pay a yearly pet insurance ...
I also look on it as a way of saving, Dollie Cassie has only had two serious problems in 15 years and I have been putting money by for her "just in case" for all that time. I have saved a lot more by doing it that way than if I had been paying insurance premiums. Off course it could have backfired and I could have had a very sickly cat and needed to make regular claims.
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2012, 11:12 AM

I have had both cats and dogs at different times and have never bought pet insurance and I reckon I am still quids in at the end of the day by paying the vet billls as and when they arise. And yes I work in insurance and the senior underwriter on our team who has cats and dogs doesn't buy insurance either. When I retire I will have sufficient in savings to cover that also but if you don't then yes why not put some money aside each month. Better than lining the insurer's pockets for something that may never happen.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2012, 06:54 PM

Bonnie, my dog, came with 4 week's insurance as a pup and I kept it on for a further 12 months, because pups growing up can have problems and can get into scrapes. Now she is adult I am not going to renew, but will pay as needed for any vet treatment. The renewal premium was just under £400 a year, plus an excess, which I thought was a bit expensive. The premiums always increase every year and once they get older I think it is difficult to find reasonably priced insurance without a large excess.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top